Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello folks!

Again it is about taking care about forum issues, security and similar.
    I am aware that we still having problems with spam on forum, after checking some things here is update about that.
    I am not gonna “sugar coat” (embellish?) it because I do not do that.

Forum and Blog are free for everybody (and will stay free) and because that fact I am the guy (with Toby) who is responsible for “fixing bugs” here, and my knowledge about it is very limited.
    In other words i can control and contain things, but to some extent.

Right now i have only two choices, either to shut it down or to keep it like this (and try to control problems), and wait for better times in order to completely fix problems.

And again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families!

Selco

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

You’re correct – you’re the guy. You started this, you do the work (with Toby), and you do the best you can – all without asking for any contributions from any of the participants on the Forum or the Blog. Just know that whatever decision you make, it’s greatly appreciated. Thank you for all you do and have done for others. Merry Christmas, and may 2018 (and beyond) bring you many meaningful rewards.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Understood and accepted. Thank you, Sir!

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

We are not worried , that will come and go , could be a leftist troll for all we know . They have had their fun , and seemed to have moved on .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Selco, we appreciate all that you and Toby do. A few trolls are just an occasional nuisance is all. It happens everywhere. Not a big problem.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi All,

We are quite confident these are just ‘Bots’ pushing spam posts, no (real) personalities behind the profiles…
    Unfortunately ‘botware’ is a constantly changing game, and so we are trying to keep the systems updated accordingly.

Thanks for you patience and understanding everyone :)

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Most likely correct. Sincere thanks for what you provide, and for your efforts to maintain it.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.