Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I can see three other categories where this post could be placed, but I’ll place it here.

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of World War II.

When any of us think of prepping or shtf or being a survivalist, I’m pretty sure none of us think of a life like this. A Russian family, escaping Soviet persecution in 1936, retreated into the Siberian wilderness and remained undiscovered for decades, having no contact with other humans in all that time, living off the land and using what they brought with them until they wore out.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/for-40-years-this-russian-family-was-cut-off-from-all-human-contact-unaware-of-world-war-ii-7354256/

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I have seen this before. There is a documentary that I saw about this family that was posted online. I can’t seem to find it at the moment, but will keep looking. It is very interesting.

Good post.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Wow that is an amazing story. It is interesting how ones upbringing can affect their acceptance of modern conveniences. I can understand the tv and stuff but tools and other things that would make survival easier that is hard to wrap your head around. I guess human nature is truly to be set in your ways.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>I guess human nature is truly to be set in your ways.

A great book from the early aughts was ‘Who Moved the Cheese?’. Short book but very insightful. Yep. Most of us us do NOT do change well at all. Fear of unknowns and ingrained bias from the comfort of repetition.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Like the Japanese soldiers that hid and stayed in the forest areas of the Philippines.
    Robin

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

Great post thanks for sharing that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.