Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Most of us here have probably thought about the content of this article but with things unraveling the way they are this article might be good to pass along to friends and family who are less aware. It is becoming all to familiar to see attacks on the news. I believe we are about to see many more people waking up and realizing they have no idea what to do. Would you pass this along? Your thoughts?

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/11/30/what-to-do-in-an-active-shooter-situation/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ulster county sheriff is on FOX encouraging all cc holders to carry their weapon.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

If I am driving or entering a building/area other than my house I am always looking for exits. If I am sitting in one of these places I always have my back to a wall and as such can see the entrances/exits.
    Run, Hide or Fight – For me that depends: Is it better to immediately fight? Is/are the shooter(s) between me and an exit? Are there others with me?
    Keep your hands empty and in sight: That is so not happening! If I am triggered into Run/Hide/Fight the first action is to pull my concealed carry.
    Run in a zig-zag pattern? Give me a break! Just run!
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ulster county sheriff is on FOX encouraging all cc holders to carry their weapon.

74, And that was a California sheriff! All cc holders need to always carry their weapon.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Robin I did have to chuckle at a few of the suggestions but I’m pretty sure your average Joe who has decided to run will have so much adrenaline pumping zig zag will never enter his mind. Carl Lewis will look like a turtle. Like I said earlier this article wasn’t intended to be the be all end all but maybe something you could pass along to someone who is clueless, at least get them to thinking. If it causes people to even do a little research on tactics or just plain wake up it is a start. I think many are in shock right now. The idea that this may be the new norm is starting to sink in. That urban no violence professional who never paid any attention to that kooky prepper stuff might just be starting to see the light. It is a life style they have never considered and have no idea what to do. I just thought the article might be a palatable introduction and at least get the wheels turning.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Matt76, I agree up to a point. I have spent soooooooo much time unlearning stupid information in others it’s not funny. Someone will read that part of “zig zag” and take it to heart. That person will be dead if caught in a shooter event!
    Is the information you posted stupid or useless? Heck no, keep it coming!
    Robin

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Well at the shooting range it goes. Bam Bam Move Bam Bam Move. That’s how I practice Robin (..and bam does not stand for anything, its just a sound : ) )

What to do .. carry a firearm. http://www.itstactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/how_are_guns_used_by_citizensvia-infothread-dot-org.jpg

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Leopard Leopard.
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Pretty much! Combat shooting instruction was done by a retired Gunny Sargent friend. He said if you are not shooting then you must be moving or reloading!
    Robin

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Matt76. I’ve send the article to some of my clients. And two new ones that’s been robbed last month. People tend to think about survival only after something terrible happened.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.