Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

My mags are 20 rounds, I also have a four round mag for when I go hunting. Yes my FAL is Imbel reciever Century which is being used by all NATO countries. I saw them being used on TV in Syria.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I do need to buy my FAL a good scope that doesn’t use batteries. Any ideas?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    This one of those buy the best one you can afford suggestions. Personally I want low light capability so it means having an illuminated reticle. So a non battery operated illuminated scope limits your choices. Non illuminated well then your wide open in what to buy. There are other factors like CQB conditions requiring a wide field of view. I like variable 1.5 x 6. scopes, a 1×4 would be fine as well. But you could go with a reflex or holographic and a separate magnifier.

Illuminated
    No battery:
    Trigicon
    Meprolight

Battery operated:
    Luepold tactical scope
    EOTech with a separate magnifier
    Aimpoint

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

74 , I have a friend that has a CZ bolt action 308 , he swears by it . He will only buy bolts made by CZ now .
    Freedom , that FAL variant looks good !

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks Tolik, I purchased it in the 1990’s When Clinton was President and was passing the anti gun laws, I purchased in right before the laws passed at a gun store. Price then was only $275.00, can you believe it. Now it is over $1,000 or more. I have only used it once, it is in new condition. Ready for the SHTF. Just need to buy more ammo.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom buddy,
    You need to use that gun so you are ready.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I know! I am going to take it to the range after the new year. Ammo has now come down so for sure will go. Need to buy a scope.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Here is an image of my FAL .308<br>
    FAL

Freedom,
    Please, please, please, pitch that piece of Schumer stock in the bay and put a proper US made stock and pistol grip on that.
    It makes my eyes hurt.

Burris is making several very good scopes with BDC now.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I am getting there. The stock weight to much. Do you know which companies make good lite weight stock maybe more compact?

I will look at the Burris scopes which is the first purchase I will make.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The DSA set is light, actually too light for my tastes.
    Skip all the adjustable junk and get the X-series stock set.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.