Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a very comprehensive review on the FNAR.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great rifle, looks like a .308 am I right? Looks a lot like my FAL L1A1 Sporter .308.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=245

Freedom, Yes it’s chambered in .762×51 nato. The design uses an operating rod. I have no idea what type bolt it uses.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Always wanted a SCAR 17 , but beyond my price range .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It looks a lot like my FAL L1A1 Sporter .308 which is also chambered in .762×51 nato. It also uses the same mags.

The barrel also looks just like my FAL.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    That’s one of the plusses of this gun, it’s not $3000.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

For entertainment value , type in Somali pirates vs navy , you will get all the navies of the world jacking up pirates , One has US helicopters shooting them up , and another the aftermath of resisting Russian Marines , did not go well for the pirates in either case , all are fun to watch .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Its not an FAL derivative, its brother to the Browning BAR.
    There are changes to the mag and mag well, proprietary mags no less.

Not gas piston as one would think but action bars that run along the sides of the receiver interior.

Camming/rotating bolt.
    Certainly not as sturdy as an FAL, but more accurate.

I’ll stick with my FAL, I can build them cheaper and they’re more ergonomic, at least for me.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    How or why is a FAL more ergo for you. Are you using an after market stock….I’m curious. Also can a FAL be accurized without costing a fortune?

The action sounds like a Remington 760, or 870 shotgun.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats my next gun , the FAL . FN makes good weapons , I wouldnt have any worries about buying their products . But the FAL has been around for a long time , and is more within my reach price wise . I have to be careful these days .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    The FN made guns are not cheap, are you going to exclusively go for a FN or will you buy a DSA or other brand?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirly,<br>
    How or why is a FAL more ergo for you. Are you using an after market stock….I’m curious. Also can a FAL be accurized without costing a fortune?

The action sounds like a Remington 760, or 870 shotgun.

Accurized, yes but only so far.
    By changing to a high end barrel, with a tighter chamber and lockup you can get the FAL down to a respectable level, but you may sacrifice some combat reliability due to the tighter tolerances.
    Most good FALs can shoot around 2″ with good ammo, 4″ with mixed ammo and factory sights.

Aftermarket stock, no.
    Actually my FAL is a Rhodie, with the long South African stock.
    The only change I need is a DSA semi auto safety selector, the rest of the controls fit more naturally than anything except a lightly customized AR.

I had one of the Izzy Heavy Barrel FALO models, and while it was very accurate, it also weighed a metric ton.

I have yet to have a quality FAL with a decent barrel thay can’t shoot better than I can, at least when optics aren’t used.

There is a limit to practical accuracy, and anything that I can see that needs shooting, I can hit with my FAL. If I can’t see the target, having a 1/2″ gun won’t make any difference.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

74 , FN if possible , but almost all NATO countries made an FAL .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is an image of my FAL .308
    FAL

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I usually see a lot of Imbel recievers, Century made guns and a small handfull of others for sale. I’m undecided between, the M1A, HK’s clones like PTR, or FAL builds. I might skip them all and get another bolt gun for long range. I like having 20 rounds at my disposal though. A few manufacturers are making bolt guns that accept higher capacity mags but most of the are scout setups, an I have a 6.5×55 scout already. The accuracy of the BAR is what draws my interest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.