Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well Lake Worth, Fla city government wants Churches to acquire a business license. What are they doing? Oh and they are only do this to Christians! Is this the beginning of what is coming, is this a test in a small city?

The way I see it they are testing the waters on Christians, on ammo and on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendment.

Florida city wages soviet-style crackdown on churches

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/03/05/florida-city-wages-soviet-style-crackdown-on-churches/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The city will lose this battle. I see too many stories out there of corrupt town govts. like Lake Worth. Should you folks get the opportunity to hit the restart button I suggest you consider putting Town Meeting form of govt into place for all communities up to a certain size. This form of govt. has served New England’s small towns well since the 1600’s. There are several forms of Town Meeting these days, some more pure than others, but in a nutshell, the people approve all budgets, zoning, by-laws, and so forth. The Selectboard cannot do anything that they have not been empowered to do by Town Meeting. All registered voters have an equal voice and an equal vote at Town Meeting. Something like what Lake Worth is doing could be stopped in its tracks at Town Meeting. It puzzles me to no end as to why most of the country just elects Mayors and City Councils and empowers those folks to just go do whatever they want. The end result always seems to be govt serving the purposes of govt. and taking on a life of its own. How many articles have been written about towns with those red light cameras to which the public protests against them just fall on deaf ears? Town Meeting could just tell them no, and the red light cameras would be gone.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

There is no two ways about that , they will loose in court . The state and local governments can make laws , but often loose when the law is challenged in the courts . Arizona has passed a few BS laws in the past , just to have them overturned in a federal court . This happens everywhere , Laws do need to be challenged .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

We Are All Felons Now. Christian Atheist or Gun Owner. It doesn’t make any difference. What was coming has arrived.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.