Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I am glad you already started that masking.
    About deputy, yea, leave all options open, sure, but also include there option that he just want to see more of your stuff with that showing.
    I mean nobody knows for sure, but just in case go easy with showing all your plans.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

carpedebass, You never know till the SHTF happens but I would save more food because the deputy and the fireman may not be bad people, they are like 90% out there that do not believe anything will happen. The two can be a asset if they turn out to be good people.

Tolik, pointed out some great ideas about what to do with the bunker.

Profile photo of carpedebass
    carpedebass
    Survivalist
    member3

Selco and Freedom. I haven’t shown them anything as far as what we have. Don’t plan on it either unless things take a dramatic turn from where they’re at now in terms of their “involvement.” Even then, as I said earlier, they’re going to have to prove themselves over some time before I’ll trust them.

For now, we’re just being neighborly and treating them like normal people treat neighbors…Ya’ know…with good fences. We have a great amount of food stored but I guess deep down, I’m already looking at things as if the S has already hit the F. In terms of this country’s money, I’d say it already has. It just takes time to recognize it. Might as well start the thought process to go along with it…

Not trusting anyone until I know what their ulterior motives are and why they’re interested. I have a feeling that, being from a small town, these guys will come around when things start affecting them directly, thus disturbing their “normalcy bias.” But it’s going to be a slow process before I show my hand. That will, of course, be mitigated by situation and necessity. That said, I want to keep my options open as long as possible in every scenario, but not to the point of being frozen and inactive. Perhaps my thinking is flawed, but at this point I think that’s the right way to go.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

carpedebass, I think you are on the right track of just being neighborly. In a SHTF you will know what they are all about. You really do not know if one of the two may leave town, or one maybe saving food and doesn’t tell anyone.

In small towns the word get around fast so if they have lived in this town for a very long time they know of the people that talk a lot.

Small town people are for the must part good people and will help when SHTF happens, they will want to keep the city people out so they will all get together to help.

Just save extra food so you know if you have to give some out it will be OK for you and your family.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

We have a great amount of food stored but I guess deep down, I’m already looking at things as if the S has already hit the F. In terms of this country’s money, I’d say it already has. It just takes time to recognize it. Might as well start the thought process to go along with it…

I’m not some sort of what some might call a “crazy doomsday dude”. Im more crazy about science, research and facts than anything else. But right now is a very very good time to be ready that sh!t can hit the fan anytime.

The whole system gets much more fragile, week after week, month after month. We hurried building our retreat in the last couple of months and will be able to live there in about 45 days. Still much more work to do, but really now is the time to get the preps sorted out and learn as much about survival as possible.

I also think how you approach this is pretty spot on. Better to go slowly. The good thing about small communities is that they still have usually as sense of community. That can make a huge difference once the storm rolls in.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,
    The financial system is fragile, if interest rate goes up the U. S. debt will go up faster. We are at 17.6 T .

I have read many times that the number were we will see the beginning of an SHTF is around 21 to 23 T.
    So we need to keep on the lookout on the debt. Also I think it will happen slowly, we will see many thinks go up in price before the SHTF.

ScottK1333
    ScottK1333
    Survivalist
    member1

Don’t under estimate plant cover. If you’re in the southeasten part of the country, you are already familiar with morning glory, ivy and kudzu. Add to that yucca, spanish bayonet and any number of other cactus type plant, even holly or bougainvillea as ornamental can afford some fast growing barriers not only against sight but access. Think of Br’er Rabbit in the briar patch!

RROAMM
    RROAMM
    Survivalist
    member2

Here is a thought that is “out of the box”, since you live in a small southern town, under 5000 in population?. Assume (yes, I am aware of the “assume” rule) 90 percent of them know about your fuel storage tank. I lived in a southern town of under 5000 and EVRYONE knew everything about everybody.

There was no getting around it, especially if you have kids. What about going the other way, instead of hiding what you have, reinforce it, get your family set up to protect it. Use it to trade with your townspeople. I think it would be better to trade with Billy Joe and Bubba than have them and the rest of the townsfolk show up and try to take it. Don’t gouge the people for the resource and ask them to help you defend it in case of outside looters.

Small towns are going to band together, just for mutual protection, this may be a way to jump start that banding together. It would also put you and yours in charge of the resource and maybe, just maybe keep it in your hands without having to fight over it with the rest of the town.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

RROAMM, is right small towns everyone in the town talks so everyone by now knows what you have so it is better to have them on your side. Also the most important part is for you to save more food so if you have to feed some of them they will protect your place.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.