Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Some of us will likely be going through SHTF with a loyal dog by our side. Some of us will only have that one companion with them. So yes he’ll/she’ll need items as well as your self. yes a lot can come from your own kit, but some wont. If you wish yes add these items to your own and mark them for your friend!!
    I run Sled dogs so yes this will cover husky and malamute sized dogs. Use you best judgement for your pet!.

• Muzzle
    • Antibiotic ointment
    • rectal thermometer
    • eye ointment
    • nail clipper
    • foot ointment
    • Nail caps
    • antiseptic flush
    • moleskin
    • oral antibiotic
    • medical tape
    • anti-diarrheal (at least two kinds and try to find a natural herb around you that can help as well.) white rice can help.
    • gauze
    • aspirin
    • Vetwrap or coflex
    • dosing syringe
    • telfa pads
    • wrist wraps
    • hemostats/leatherman
    • belly bands
    • scissors
    • dog jacket or coat
    • skin stapler and staples
    • tissue glue

PLEASE NOTE: None of the supplies in your kit will do any good if you dont know how to use them.
    Ask your vet about use of meds and tool for specific conditions.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Another fantastic and comprehensive set-up – thanks, Gypsy!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good point about being very familiar with how to use every item. Often people buy first aid kit without learning how to use it. Even most expensive kit will not work if you do not know how to use it.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Gypsy,
    Another fantastic post by you!
    You have a wealth of knowledge.
    I actually have an entire BOB for my three cats. Plus a month’s worth of food and water for them.
    One thing I can suggest from experience (used to have 4 dogs) that is great for dogs if it works for yours is a Thundershirt. Amazing for anxiety (think gunfire and any other crazy sounds in a SHTF scenario) and also works as a basic shirt layer of warmth for your pup.
    Learning CPR for a cat or dog is also a priceless skill to have.
    Hannah

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have a cat , but same thing , glad you put up this topic , your Animals depend on you for EVERYTHING , they have no choice , and if you are a responsible pet owner , you understood that by getting a pet , you made a commitment for life , dont let the innocent down , any more than you would let your child down . Put away preps for your animals the same way you would your family , they are part of your family .

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Tolik,
    Exactly!
    I cannot stress that enough.
    Under no circumstances will I be eating my cats.
    When you adopt an animal, you make a pact with the to care for and protect them for their WHOLE life.
    This includes prepping for them.
    Hannah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.