Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

You guys want me to start posting information about such things as how to find fatwood, make a bow drill fire, how to find the right wood for bow drill, char cloth/tin, flint and steel, etc?

I just realized (after I went to a get together this last weekend) that many people don’t know how to find tinder in wet environments, how to find fatwood, or what type of wood to use for bow drill kits, etc.

If you guys want me to start doing some of these things I can. I guess I just took a lot of this for granted. This last weekend really woke me up that many don’t really know stuff like this.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think it would be helpfull.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I think so too.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Agreed – thank you in advance. At least some of us were culturally deprived, growing up.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I’ve started a few fires, but I’d appreciate instruction by someone more experienced. Thank you.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Ok then…..

I will take a few pictures this weekend and start it off. Probably going to start off with the basics first such as char material and then go to fatwood. We will see where it all leads, but it should be interesting and possibly educational depending on your background. If nothing else, I doubt too many on here know how to find the right wood for a bow drill fire. Maybe I am wrong, but we will see. Have a new set that I put together this last weekend that works pretty well.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of dutch_viking
    dutch_viking
    Survivalist
    rreallife

i am a bushcrafter too ,
    i started many fires the only thing i never did are rubbing sticks together,
    in my honest opinion if you have to go back all the way to rubbing sticks
    your screwing up big time …..

great topic :)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Using a bow drill to start a fire is something I’ve never tried. I’ve burnt enough wood with dull power tools to know how much energy it takes though. For me, I hope stays in the to-do list.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.