Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Find the Sniper - I love this guys ongoing project – have been reading about it a few places for a while now. Most of these are really tough to spot even full screen.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I will have to view this on my PC. My tablet is messing up when i try look at the picture in full screen

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If you can find them they aren’t very good snipers.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Very good! I only found one.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Found the first three. As 74 said, if you can see them, they aren’t the one’s to be worried about. With new weapons technology the modern sniper is too far away to ever be able to spot him.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Tweva, you are one Way Cool Lady!!!
    So is that link!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

It’s pretty safe to say that Mr. Hidden Hans would have smoked me lmao

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

This is the perfect survivalist game. I think in real life your best bet is to understand how snipers or other people think and then simply stay hidden yourself. A skilled sniper with half decent camouflage has all odds on their side to put you down once he spots you.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sometimes the only way to find them is heat body sensors.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

The only way I managed to find them was knowing that they were in fact in the picture. I found 5. Had I just been walking along I would never have seen them before it was too late. Most of these pictures were taken from less that 50 yards. If you get that close to a real sniper it is because he is letting you live. Awesome link Tweva.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Do not want to sound weird or anything, but only good way to know is to see or know that there are dead bodies there (from the sniper).
    We use to know those areas, because few things like obviously good places like intersections, open areas ,and of course common sense where “enemy” could be.
    In today modern SHTF scenarios, i am not really optimistic, I mean if we are talking about professionals, and I have seen some of them, they can be really really good.
    Cool game, but in real life it is a bit different, while you are trying to “spot” the sniper, you are already dead if you are doing that openly.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Taking sniper fire at the house, even if it is for harassment purposes is one of the things I don’t have a good defensive plan. Realistically if you are out in the open you can be shot by someone sometime. Makes that level 3 body armor sound good.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

In a SHTF I am not sure there will be many snipers. There needs to be a reason for the sniper to shoot you. He will only shoot you if he sees anything you have that he wants. In a SHTF times there will be to many people everywhere for a sniper to be shooting everyone, to much ammo.

Now if it is the government snipers shooting people for no reason but to kill people then yes they have the ammo.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    Ambush and sniping are the easiest way to get other peoples stuff without exposing yourself to gun fire. If someone doesn’t have an aversion to killing for food and supplies it’s the way it will happen. I think it will be common.

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

Freedom, I tend to agree with 74. My perspective is they may not and probably won’t be trained military snipers, but a good hunter can blend in well with their environment and at 200 yds+ will be extremely difficult to see without IR optics.
    The counter, I believe, is to have roving patrols, sensors, dogs, barriers (fences, thick thorny shrubs, trenches) and a MAG so that your AO can be reasonably well defensed. The more layers one has of overlapping defenses will increase the likelihood that an intruder will be detected before they can wreak havoc on a base, home, or other BOL.

The pics of the hidden snipers illustrates how difficult it would be to detect a well hidden sniper before it was too late. Great find, thanks! Maybe we can find more of these types of learning tools online. If so, perhaps we can have a thread where the various tools are linked so we can all be aware of what is available, how to properly use them, and how to design defensive perimeters.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.