Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This post is about what have we learned from the Ferguson chaos that happen yesterday? What I see is what may happen in a SHTF time or economical collapse time. We can learn a lot from how fast the attacks happen and how they set many businesses on fire which I think will happen in a SHTF time in all the cities. This may happen even in small towns in a SHTF times.

I found my self studying all that happen to learn what type of chaos we will have in a large collapse. There was a lot of shootings but in a SHTF I think we will have more shootings and some of the shootings may happen between the people doing the chaos.

I believe the people that are ready for the SHTF times will be able to defend them self’s because after the first two to three weeks the one’s that create the chaos will run out of ammo, they are not saving 100’s of bullets like we are. They have maybe one to two boxes of ammo at there home. The preppers are more prepared for chaos.

So what have you learned from what you have seen on the news feeds?

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

What I see is the biggest danger for those of us who have planned/prepped is probably fire. Not only is it devastating to those holed up for protection, but the mayhem it will cause for responders/evacuees/LEO’s/those bugging out/etc will also be just as devastating. It will destroy homes, businesses, kill those trapped, and almost as vicious will be the fact that it will move everyone onto the streets for the robbers/looters to just pick off as they please.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey you are right on. I saw the same thing. No matter where we live fire may become a problem. with just a little gas and a bottle they can do a lot of damage. We the preppers are all hold up somewhere and they can come up in the middle of the night and throw a bottle and light us up a fire we will have a hard time with.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Fire is something that we overlook in preps , Have several extinguishers around , as well as other means . Like mentioned by others , fire is an age old , and proven weapon sense ancient times .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s very unlikely anyone is going to put out a fire from a molotov cocktail with fire extinguishers. Keeping people away from your building would be the best prevention.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

You can start your house on fire with other things , especially with no electricity , with pets or/and kids . Its good to have a way to put it out in a hurry .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    That’s for sure, people burn down their own houses all the time now.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

What drove that home to me , was when I lived in Maine . We had the usual ice storm that knocked out the power for three days . Maine is sparsely populated , and dotted with small towns about 10 miles apart . All the small towns pool their fire departments together if there is a big problem , The fire departments also help the electricians with their lifts to get power on line . I went home one night to see my street blocked off by the cops , I could walk in , but had to park my truck someplace else , I saw about 4 fire trucks down the street . THe neighbor’s house burned to the ground , a propane heater got away from him , lost it all , and three days before Christmas as well .

74 , I think you are talking about ” Jewish Lightning ” to collect insurance ,and not honest accident , lol

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

To have several fire extinguishers is a great idea in a SHTF times, many fires from just candle fires or the small propane tanks.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

I keep two bags close to me, ones the bob, the other is documents cloths and other stuff to help me past the 3 day kit. (laundry soap, resume’s etc).

Even tho we are insured the first two things through my window are the bags. In case of fire, or whatever.

When the gangs in prince george can’t get their hands on a gat, they like to use fire for their turf war. Same thing with the junkies at the local H.A. crack house. Cops just let it burn the last time it happened.

Art of war by tsun tzu talks about fire more than once. The chinese are using that as a business guide these days, very popular book over there.

As far as fire defense goes… distance is your friend, but it doesn’t take a lot of imagination to figure out a way to launch a fire ball, especially if thats a favorite way to kill time by your locals. Controlling territory around your house… becomes a little more rational idea when you consider that… because if your neighbors house goes up, heat can cause your house to go up, even at what you would consider to be a great distance.

A full face respirator may buy a person a minute… probably no more than a minute in heavy toxic house smoke, i will ask the fire crew when they get back from their meeting tonight. But you have to have special filters for dealing with gases and other toxics.

*edit there saying less than a minute, probably a good few breaths, especially if you stay low, apparently smoke in the eyes doesnt help, so full face is a good option if you don’t have your own air. IMO it comes down to your filters, a p100 is no good for gases, just dust/mold that kind of thing. there are p100’s that have extra parts on top for toxic gases. and just for the record anyone thinking about buying an old ww1-2 mask, but especially filters. the military back then considered it a fair trade of time on the battle field and used sometimes toxic filters. so buyer beware at the surplus stores, might live today and die tomorrow.

A minute should be all you need to grab what you love most and gtfo. Smoke inhalation gets people before fire does. *edit thankfully…

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>This post is about what have we learned from the Ferguson chaos that happen yesterday? What I see is what may happen in a SHTF time or economical collapse time. We can learn a lot from how fast the attacks happen and how they set many businesses on fire which I think will happen in a SHTF time in all the cities. This may happen even in small towns in a SHTF times.

THIS

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Fire will be an issue everywhere, but especially in densely populated areas where it can spread. In colonial times fires were pretty commonplace given homes had open fireplaces going year round, and construction techniques were only as good as the builder.

I’m not sure that Ferguson actually tells us anything new. Its a good reminder perhaps, but it is not an anomaly. The urban underclass reacts violently to perceived grievances, and they have absolutely no respect for anyone that isn’t them nor anyone’s property. On a smaller scale it plays out every day with shootings and other crime. That culture should concern us all because as soon as Uncle Sugar isn’t there feeding them, they will just start taking whatever it is they want and will do it in a way that fouls their own nest so to speak. Burning their local businesses in Ferguson isn’t going to result in more shopping choices nor better prices. In a SHTF scenario, it means they’ll fan out further and further to meet their needs. They are not going to focus on community gardens or other self sufficiency endeavors. That’s not part of the urban underclass culture. This is why urban survival will for most people be far harder than would be the case in rural settings.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

not the kind of way you want to collect evidence.

https://twitter.com/stlcountypd/status/537492874221219840/photo/1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A piece of this whole thing that I find particularly distressing is the implicit approval of the looting and rioting on the part of Holder, Sharpton, the family and their attorneys. Holder thinks it was “disappointing”. No outrage or condemnation. No calls for prosecutions. It is disappointing when your football team loses. A stronger word might be more appropriate to describe rioting, looting and burning. The family & their attorney termed the rioting, looting, and burning as “things got a little out of hand”. I sure hate to see their version of things really getting out of hand. That many people have lost their livelihoods and property, the taxpayers having to now pay to replace burnt out cruises, that firefighters and police were being shot at means absolutely nothing to them. Before the riot actually began, the stepfather is screaming to the crowd “burn it down” and the family & attorney dismiss it as him just being a little emotional. The last I looked it was illegal to incite a riot. I understand how the family can grasp upon a different version of events with the actual shooting but they dismiss the video evidence of him robbing the store and roughing up the owner as simply their son wouldn’t do that. I can assure you, you’d of never heard “not my boy” from my parents,nor would you have heard it from my wife and I as concerns our kids. Growing up we were held to account for anything we did, and my kids were too.

I wish I knew what the answer was.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

They are looking to capitalize on the theme of “White Privilege” taking anything and everything they can away from Americans with European heritage. Obama in his most resent speech said we don’t have any rights when it comes to immigration, only Native American Indians do. Essentially American citizens have no right to determine the laws of the land, according to Obama.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.