Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Malgus – don’t misunderstand me. I am not against a store owner defending his store from rioters and looters. But, it is not going to be little old me. I am a single woman with no children and no relatives living in the area. So what, hypotheticall,y would you propose I, or someone like me, do Malgus? Try and coerce customers and friends into helping me ‘defend’ my store against these criminals, putting themselves at risk for little old me to ‘save’ my ‘dignity’? My dignity does not vanish because I would choose not to put myself in harms way – my self-respect would not be diminished one iota. You may no longer respect me – but that would be your problem right?

Instead, I would be on the phone and in my car looking for a new location for my business – defending my livelihood in a more practical,safer, more logical manner – to me – by moving forward to move the business – and ensure the income for both myself and those that depend on employment with me continues as uninterrupted as possible – and in a safer environment more conducive, at least for the foreseeable future.

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>This “it’s just stuff” attitude is what has created a generation of people who won’t stand up for themselves and think the cops can be called – like ordering a pizza – whenever trouble happens

But it IS ‘just stuff’ Malgus! I feel you are lumping people into broad categories and ascribing to them broad generalizations and motivations with statements like that. I take umbrage with you on this point Malgus. For me, my choice, I have to live in the here and now with an eye on the future and pick my battles where they will do most to further that future that you see. Tilting at each and every windmill in an all out battle for ideals that have much, much bigger impediments before they could ever be realized, can oft leave you exhausted and incapacitated when the windmill really starts to spin. If one of my stores was in MO, I wasn’t down there ‘defending’ it to preserve my ‘dignity’ – that somehow correlates to my inability or unwillingness to stand up for myself? I think not although you would not agree. And, for now, at this moment in time in our country, yes I will ‘order up the pizza – double topping of cops’ – because I still can and am grateful to them for that – while saving my energy for battles I feel more important that will be coming down the pike soon.

And 74 – you are correct IMHO

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

They are moving the National Guard in soon , apparently , its that bad . Lets see how they do against a 50 cal .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>The most important lesson to be learned from Ferguson is that this is everywhere USA. Every city with a section populated by “low income families” could start rioting any night. It’s just shows how close we are to shtf.

The cops will not protect your property against “protesters” involved in “peaceful protest” while they burn your house or loot. It could be your residence leaving you no place to go.

Actually for a residence, the situation changes. Most places that falls into the arson categorry, generally a felony and both resident and LEO are fully justified in dropping their tush in the dirt.
    The residence is classified and thought of different than a business.

Think back a couple of decades, we had riots for doper Rodney King, but none for Reginald Denny. Why?

I’m on the store owners side also, but that flat screen is hardly worth a death.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    I you think arson only applies to homes try burning down your business and see if the cops give you a bye. My point is just like in the arab spring all over the middle east, the protesters could do no wrong. No matter how much of the city burns if the police or military shot protesters they were villains in the press.

I don’t see how you think Reggie Denny fits into the discussion. Other than he should have had a gun and lots of ammo. Was thete a big population of low income white folks in LA with bad attitudes?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirly,<br>
    I you think arson only applies to homes try burning down your business and see if the cops give you a bye. My point is just like in the arab spring all over the middle east, the protesters could do no wrong. No matter how much of the city burns if the police or military shot protesters they were villains in the press.

I don’t see how you think Reggie Denny fits into the discussion. Other than he should have had a gun and lots of ammo. Was thete a big population of low income white folks in LA with bad attitudes?

That’s why I specified residence. State laws vary for what qualifies business wise, but arson of a residence especially with people inside is a shooting offense everywhere I’ve checked. Someone’s standing in your yard with a lit molotov and gonna throw it at/onto/into your house, that’s an easily justified shoot regardless of color.

Riots is where Denny fits in.
    There was rioting for a doper who got his butt kicked, rightly or wrongly.
    There was no rioting for some poor schmo who happened to be at the wrong intersection and got his ass kicked because he was the wrong color. The media frenzy made nothing of that fact, ever. And never will.

Who did the rioting? Who destroys their own towns before all the facts are in?

All this in Ferguson before the autopsy, with conflicting witness statements, it’s become typical to take things to trial in the streets and media before anyone actually knows what happened.
    It’s always the cops fault. That’s the one constant, regardless of what actually happened.
    And then when the evidence exonerated the cop, it’s been rigged or fixed.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    What actually happened is entirely unimportant and that is the real point. They could be rioting because a bus ran over some kid, or a sports team won or lost. The fact that a cop was involved is meaningless. Blame the cops, well so what, they need to have something to blame right now. Later they will blame all privileged white people with jobs and homes for their unjust living conditions. It will be an excuse to take stuff because they need to sacrifice more for the good of the people. These riots are just a practice run for bigger and better civil disobedience events. They will come to residential areas and steal homes in the end. It has been happening everywhere the communist take power.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

74: No argument here, I will point out that LE is often the target because they are the most visible example of authority or .gov out there, rightly or wrongly. Same goes for firefighters, getting shot at just because they are there.

Need something to blame, of course they need something or someone to blame instead of taking responsibility for their own actions and lives.

So much easier to steal other peoples property rather than earn it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, it is true that it is easier to steal then to earn it. But like drug dealers, criminals that steal do not take care of what they steal. When you work hard and earn it you take care of what you purchased and make sure it will last long.

You also enjoy the item much more. I have been saving to purchase an AR 15 and you know I will take care of it.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

twee,

At the risk of alienating you, I must speak my mind.

First, you underestimate yourself. “Little old you”? I’m betting “little old you” toting a 12 gauge shotgun and sporting a grim look wouldn’t be messed with.

Second, the mob is composed by opportunistic criminal scum who will, when illuminated by the cold light of simple human courage, will scurry away like bugs fleeing back under a rotten log… I’ve seen it done. I’ve done it myself. Thugs have no stomach for a straight up fight against a determined opponent.

Third, that your so-called ‘friends’ wouldn’t stand with you in your hour of most desperate need? Sounds like you need a better class of friends.

Fourth, I think you’ve been brainwashed by decades of wimpy, emasculated propaganda spoon fed to you by the ideological heirs of the Fabians… “Just give them what they want, and they’ll go away!” Submit, and they might spare you life. It’s “reasonable” and “common sense”… it’s just “stuff”….

Bullshit. The only way to deal with thuggery is to stand up against it with overwhelming force, righteously wielded… the CITIZENRY should be the ones to wield this overwhelming, righteous force. They are completely capable and have the authority to do so. That the State might disagree with that does not invalidate it. The State derives their authority to use force from the citizenry, which means the citizenry has the same power and authority as the State.

“Looking for a new location for my business”? You mean the answer is to run away? You won’t stick around and fight to defend your life’s work? Okay, bravely run away then. But what happens when there ARE no more places to retreat to? What will you do then?

And as far as my “broad generalizations”, I’d rather be guilty of broad generalization than moral equivocating… absolutist? Yep, sure is. I have a moral compass, and I must follow it. I am compelled to do so. If that involves making judgements on others, well, so what? Personally, I’m completely comfortable drawing a line and saying “THIS behavior is acceptable. THIS other behavior, is not and will not be tolerated.” If that involves the judicious use of righteous might, then so be it…

You can rely on ordering up Dial-A-Cop. You apparently still have faith in them. I do not, for very valid reasons I have already laid out elsewhere on this forum… You can rely on YOU and you alone…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Mal as I stated earlier I am of the same line of thinking as you are. One of the great things about America is you have the right to chose your battles. You mentioned relying on yourself and yourself alone, I think that is exactly what Tweva is doing. She is not relying on the police or neighbors to protect her and is taking her business elsewhere, doi g what she is capable of by herself. That being said, God created some to be protectors and warriors. I believe we fall in that category my friend. I remember a time when people checked up on neighbors, men made sure the widow down the street was taken care of even though she was of no relation. Men policed themselves. If you did something out of line, no one was sued, there were just a few gentleman who would come to you in private help you understand where you went wrong and let you know it would not be tolerated. You got to keep your dignity and were helped back on the straight and narrow. Those days may be gone but some of those men still exist. I am honored by your service to this country. Don’t lose heart as you are not alone and keep taking care of those around you.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>If that involves the judicious use of righteous might, then so be it…

….exactly MY point Malgus. I am saying I would judiciously evaluate the situation for myself and choose not to exercise my personal belief of what righteous might is and when it is required.

As a business owner, I think going to locate a new place for the business is the right thing to do – post haste, and don’t view it as running away. When there are no places left to retreat to I will be at my home, and then I will have an entirely different response. I believe rightly so. Because you are right:

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>“THIS behavior (I add and the conditions that result) is acceptable. THIS other behavior, (I add and the conditions that result) is not and will not be tolerated.”

My stores are not my life’s work. And, I have moved each one of them several times and they have survived and thrived. The last time was a year ago for one of them for close to precisely the reason that Ferguson is in the state it i in. The demographics and area were changing and not for the good. I got out. Did I ‘run away/’ – you betcha. Hard and fast and look back with no regrets. What will be left in the area will be burned out shells and a reputation for negative joo-joo that will NOT serve any business that hopes to grow, or continue to grow and prosper for a long, long time to come.

You aren’t alienating me Malgus. I am as unshakable in my own moral compass, my place in the world, who I am and my faith, and what Ifeel compelled to do about certain situations as you – we just don’t happen to agree. And, I am much less of an in-your-face (and I smile at that so pls don’t take offense) warrior.

I think your assumptions 3 and 4 are simply that, so of course, you are entitled to your opinion dear man; though I certainly disagree.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

matt,

(sigh)… I am as the Eternal God made me… faults, warts and all. I cannot change who I am anymore than a zebra can change its stripes…

This whole situation is a cluster.

On one hand, we have thugs running amok, looting, shooting and burning. The only thing they understand, or respect, is force. They understand who has that force, who has more and who is willing to use it with a free hand. Personally, I have no issue with someone defending what’s theirs, and if some thugs get dead in the process, then that’s that many I don’t have to worry about down the road.

On the other hand, we have an over-militarized police force – armed and up-gunned by a complicit DHS supplying them with “free” weapons paid for by the taxpayers and whose only solution to everything is HULK SMASH!. The irony that the very weapons that the taxpayers paid for will be used against them at some point in the future is lost on most people… and rest assured, they’ll get around to the rest of us, sooner or later…

No matter which side you take, you’re screwed.

So, in warfare, when the enemy gives you two choices, do neither and choose a 3rd option.

My option is that the citizenry – the ones who aren’t bomb throwing ******** or looting, burning pieces of **** – should mobilize, arm themselves and take care of the problem without the involvement of the Nasty Guard or the cops…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Ah take heart Braveheart! There are so many battles ahead of us requiring your sage input and wisdom! You should celebrate you and the God that created you because you make people stop and think! Not an easy assignment young man. Next to impossible in this day and age.

If you will, consider trusting this thought…

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>My option is that the citizenry – the ones who aren’t bomb throwing ******** or looting, burning pieces of **** – should mobilize, arm themselves and take care of the problem without the involvement of the Nasty Guard or the cops…

this day IS coming. And, it will happen. And dear Malgus your soul will be heartened that at last, at last the real battle has begun…of course knowing, we non-bomb throwing ********, non-looters, non- malatov cocktail throwers WILL mobilize….because we will no longer have a choice but to confront our own mortal existence and if able to swallow our fear, finally acknowledge HE who gave them life…or perish.

I salute you Malgus – truly. Buck up. The battles are only beginning. Get some rest. We all have a hell of a road before us.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

So the real culprits behind the riots are: “REVOLUTIONARY COMMUNISTS AND ANARCHISTS CAUSING UNREST. CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill reported that an “anarchist” and someone from a “revolutionary communist” group started Monday night’s stand-off between the police and demonstrators in Ferguson, MO.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/19/CNN-Revolutionary-Communists-and-Anarchists-Causing-Unrest

“You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” – Rahm Emanuel

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Community organizer = Communist = O So O must be happy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.