Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi everyone,
    Just a random thread to get to know everyone a little better, with prepping aside.
    What are everyone’s favorite television shows?
    My favorites are Lost, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Fringe.

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

i like those shows too,
    Dick Preoneke, alone in the wilderness. great documentary. he lives for thirty years in the wilds of alaska.
    Survivor man, really enjoyed the off the grid episodes.
    whats his name…Will Willis, whiskey whiskey… infiltrate and evade, cant remember the name but great tactical show.
    Mantracker, he did an episode in the cariboo and his partner is a neighbor by our valley range….good neighbors.

getting off track now, in researching diferent scenario’s i come across southernprepper1 scenario series on youtube, several video’s in sequence depicting collapse and aftermath. he has networking videos as well.good series.

24 was a great series, wow fast action.
    other than that i love lying back with my kids watching old cartoons…super chicken….Tom Slick…..bugs bunny..
    my youngest cant get enough of scooby doo, so i went back and got them all…hahaha…drives the wife crazy.
    thanks for the laugh…

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi, Hannah! Some of these are no longer on-air, but thanks to the magic of Netflix, it’s like they never left:

I like Columbo; Monk; White Collar; Warehouse 13; Bones; NCIS; Father Ted; Man vs. Wild; Numbers; Lie to Me; Fringe was awesome; similarly, The Lost Room, though it only had about a one-season run.

There are so many, it’s difficult to draw the line on how many to put here, haha. If you haven’t heard of that last one, but liked Fringe, definitely check it out!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Darin: I loved Survivorman and Man Tracker! My brother, while he still lived at home, used to watch Scooby Doo occasionally so I know how she feels! Lol!
    Anika: I’ll check out The Lost Room! Fringe is one of my all time favorites. I actually named one of my cats after a character! I sure do miss Lie to Me since it’s cancellation!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I’ll put in a positive word for a 1960s psychological spy thriller called The Prisoner, nearly forgotten now, starring Patrick McGoohan, who previously was the star of another spy series, Secret Agent Man (in the US; Dangerman everywhere else). This series is not to be confused with the recent remake of the Prisoner with Ian McKellan.

The prisoner was a short series of just 17 episodes, but it explored many controversial themes: mind control, government spying and control of the population, being a prisoner in a society, being denied the ability to live and function when you are declared an enemy against society by the government, the use of drugs against individuals by the authorities, psychological control, the rights of the individual against the right of the state to protect itself.

The lead character resigns his classified government job and attempts to leave London but is made unconscious and kidnapped, taken to a place known only as the Village, totally cut off from the rest of the world and cannot be escaped from. The Village is a place where people who know too much or who worked in a certain type of job are taken. Everyone there is known only as a number, everything is controlled and everyone is under constant, covert surveillance. The authorities want secret information from him, which he won’t give. He tries to escape but this is easier said that done, especially when the warders look just like the prisoners.

The show’s appearance is dated by current standards but the stories are not. In terms of what it explores I doubt that anything its equal has been made since. The big reveal in the final episode is bizarre and admittedly annoying, but to my mind most of the episodes make up for it.

The opening sequence for episode 2:

Trailer:

Other links to clips:

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

The Walking Dead, Lost Girl, Grimm, Revolution, Arrow and Game of Thrones (back on monday) sometimes I’ll watch a “Survival Show” with the kids they like Lost Survivors atm

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

oh yes, the prisoner, the saint, the avengers, get smart, ..classics. thinking ill call the kids to come watch some good old shows. speaking of oldies… the forest rangers. good family viewing. much like lassie.

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

That guy in Prisoner wasn’t he the guy from The Avengers>
    Anyway, I stopped watching the TV about 12 years go.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Hogan’s Heros , Gilligan’s Island ………….that was back in the day , I dont watch American TV now because its a brain rotter , now its only Russian TV shows , the difference between the two is very embarrassing . Ours are for the most part , even the ” news ” juvenile , PC and simplistic ….like everything is made for a 5th grader …….maybe thats what we are now , dunno . Even then , I only watch TV of any kind when over at my girls house .

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

I’ll definitely have to check out The Prisoner!
    I watched the entire first season of Revolution, but then moved and stopped keeping up with it.
    I loved the concept!
    Hannah

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Ah, The Prisoner, a long time favorite.

Others:
    The Good Life (Good Neighbors in the US)
    Firefly (Serenity)
    The Wild Within (2010 Travel Channel)

Currently:
    Life Below Zero
    Swamp People
    Doomsday Preppers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.