Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Nice try china…

Test everything. Couldn’t hurt to stop buying chinese anyway, funds their army… they support forced organ donations in prisons… and it could just plain kill you outright. *shakes fist* Q the china shills from behind the great fire wall of china.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Good find KOS.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Thanks, KOS. That was very interesting. :)

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

My pleasure all.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

My first magnesium bar was a dud. I never tried one again. I thought they were all like that. lol

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just happen to have a Chinese made non-starter and tested it minutes ago. Complete failure to ignite using a propane lighter.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not as good as I’d like to be but I do try to avoid buying stuff made in China on general principles. Sometimes I get lazy and don’t check first, especially when I’m in a rush, and sometimes I can’t find a suitable alternative. This is a good reminder to try harder.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have seen this , Better to pay more for a Doan mag bar made in USA than risk a Walmart cheapie with your life . .There are some guys that work at machine shops , that work with magnesium . They collect all the shavings and drillings , that would be tossed away at the work place and sell bags of them on ebay . it weighs nothing and they dont charge a lot , might save on your bars if you had a bag of shavings .

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

As of a year ago I provide an ‘amnesty box’ on survival courses for people to toss these mag bar/fire starter combos, I have yet to come across a good, recently produced version, it seems the market is saturated with poor quality items of this particular product…

That aside there are a number of great alternatives that offer excellent fire-lighting options, but the lesson certainly is make sure you shop around, and as I am constantly saying “Train with what you plan to use” segwayed with ‘Make sure you train”!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.