Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Scylla
    Scylla
    Survivalist
    member1

There is a saying on many powder horns from the American Revolutionary War: “Put Your Trust in God, and Keep Your Powder Dry.” That holds true today. Perhaps: “Trust in God, and Keep Your Guns and Ammo Close at Hand.”

Scylla

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

Yep! Praise the Lord and pass the ammo. That’s what they say. My faith in God is definitely the first prep for me. Everything else is secondary.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

God want’s all of us to get prepared as best as we can with food, water and all the way’s to defend our families from all evil. So ammo, guns, knifes are a big part of getting prepared. Also please save more food for all the family members that are not saving, God will reward you many times over.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yes Freedom. But God helps those that help themselves.Everyone might be served best to look with Nature’s eye with where they live. I would have done anything, and within reason did, so I could to leave Florida because it is so little or even below sea level I felt,my opinion, no matter what I did, how well I prepared…Mother Nature would have her say. And, South Florida is not something She feels worthy (overall) to protect. Just my opinion Freedom, which I only mention in case you have those feelings to try and move and have no one you feels offers support.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree that God helps those that help themselves, very good point! I have lived here for a long time so it is hard to move. But I do know Mother Nature is hard on Florida some times. I will think hard on your point.

God Bless You tweva.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

God bless you as well freedom. If you pray and listen with an open mind you will have the answer best for you. ‘Ask and ye shall receive’ is something I think you understand. Listen to no one but the small, little voice inside you that whispers it’s advice. I know nothing. I only express me own feelings.You will be guided by the grace of the God you obviously believe in. Take heart in that. I do not go to church. But, I believe there is a force that ‘runs the world’, there is a greater plan. There is a reason for our lives. We must find that only by looking inside ourselves. I truly hope twhat I say helps in some small way.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva You do not need to go to church because God is every were. Were are you located? Are you in a good location?

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yes , agree, everywhere. I left your place 25 years ago and went north to the gentle mountains that were my original home. I grew up used to Mother Nature’s changes of season, the mountains, water and far less people. I never felt safe with the sea so very close. It is powerful and too unpredictable. I respect that. Mother Nature has a plan. The whole 15 years I lived there I was very aware I was but an insignificant spec in her plans. So, I moved to much higher ground.

South Florida, stepping back from family and friends, work? I looked around and I saw lots of false things. Oh how easy to fall for the sun, warmth and always…shiny, new, best, newest everything. But yet, neighbors 12 feet on either side of me could not look you in the eye…afraid. The way I managed to be able to leave S Florida was because I asked for a way from ‘whomever’ – and expected, knew I would figure it out. A man I happened accidentaly to meet in the office I worked asked me of some of my skills and offered me a job. Surprise, more money, better conditions. Very new to me but interesting business. I ended up, shortly, managing ocean-going cargo ships for some rich men in Europe I never did or have met. This rise in money, which I saved, got me out of there. My office was near 79th street when riots there happened there/a sniper for 3 yrs shooting people on I-95 overpass – rough area. Loved/fascinated by work but… Glad that few years was quickly behind me and I could leave. Don’t miss it. Never did feel safe there. BUT this is ME. Maybe I just needed an excuse to go home where I came from many years before.

Kendall, Hialeah, Coconut Grove points north. Yes know it well. (South Beach was a disaster still when I lived there not a place for movie stars) Thank you for asking. I can close my eyes and still see the draw bridges over Key Biscayne and the bleached, white roads that got slick when heavy rains would fall and 5 minutes later be gone.. May your family always stay as one!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva Things have changed a lot since you were here. I live in Coral Gables. The area were you worked is better now but still not the best place in Miami. Downtown Miami has grown big time, two to three times bigger. The Brickell area is were it is happening now with people walking all night. Remember you could not walk Brickell at night without getting robed, not anymore. Brickell is full of police and many of the rich live there now. Condos go for over a million dollars there and that is the small two bedroom. It has changed.

But as you know Coral Gables is a very old City in Florida, high ground, it’s one of the highest ground(sea level) in the County.
    The Code for Coral Gables building is very good too. I live in a 1923 home which has gone though a lot and is still standing.

But I will be keep my ears open for any message God tells me.

nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

I know that California is a hot spot as are other areas of the USA during SHTF, yet I am here. I also know that where I live and what I do for work (self employed) are where God wants me for some reason. If I didn’t know that right now I would be getting up and out of here very quickly. I know this State is going to have some bad days ahead but there is a reason I am where I am….don’t know why but its not important as long as I know I am where I am supposed to be.

I keep hearing people online say things like “Get our of Babylon, get out of the USA, or you are going to get punished for staying after being warned”. I don’t pay any attention to this stuff because first of all if you are looking for Babylon in the true sense then that would pretty much be this whole planet. They are getting that ideology from the Bible but that is not what it is saying at all. It is saying to get out of false religion and quit giving your heart over to this world. I think that is self explanatory. Besides, how many of us can just afford to leave our homes behind and go live in a country we’ve never been to before. That isn’t even reasonable thinking. Also, if we are awake, then I doubt we have given our hearts over to this world because we would oblivious to what is happening around us if we did.

And Tweva….Freedom is right. God is not in a building he is in your heart. Most real Christians today have already gone underground. As far as your location be safe unless you are supposed to be there and know that for a fact, and by that I mean that you know God has you where you are for a reason. Like I said I know I am to stay where I am, if I didn’t I would high-tail it out of this state fast!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Freedom – Coral Gables is beautiful! Brickell was a place I once hoped very much I did not have to stop at a light. I am sure that you are where you are meant to be. I think I said, I was only speaking for my self.

And nlouise, I hope you did not understand me. I do agree with you and Freedom. I am where I am for a reason. I was asked a question, and perhaps in my normally long-winded reply my purpose was lost. Everything does happen for a reason. People have to listen and feel the truth that is meant for them.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva I do think that 25 years ago the Brickell and the 79th was very bad areas but 25 years has changed the area.

I do think that it does not matter were you are God will be with you. But what tweva said is true (God helps those that help themselves.) So were ever you are located you need to prepare for what may come. Save a lot of can foods, water, filters for the water, cooking with a gas range or something like it. Just be ready.

Please nlouise be ready and prepare, thing are going to get bad.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I have moved this to the new Religion & Faith section. Feel free to post more religion related topics here.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

Thanks Freedom. I totally get that. I have been prepping for 7 years since I “woke up”. I prep more than I think ‘we’ need and I also think that by doing what I can to prep it can be multiplied to help others. JMO.

Tweva you sound like you have a good idea of why you are there. I must have missed a few things. Been a long day in California traffic for me and my brain was on overload when I replied…….anyone that lives here knows what I mean by the traffic statement. (Off topic- We measure our distance by time, here. Our destination could be 10 miles but we would say 30 or 40 minutes away because of our traffic situation.) I’m just glad I don’t deal with it on a daily basis anymore or I would really be ‘out of it’.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

God is the one who told me to begin prepping. I couldn’t be more grateful to Him!
    Tweva, if you’re ever interested in checking it out online, I attend a really cool church (that I actually enjoy going to) called Newspring. Its a non-denominational Christian church based out of Anderson, SC.
    I like it a lot. All their sermons are online at newspring.cc
    Hannah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.