Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If you have been following the Ebola threads you have witnessed a slow growing but increasing catastrophic event. This has the potential to become a failure of civility event as we are watching. I’m posting is so everyone can analyse the actual timing of events, actions government agencies impose on the public and be prepared for similar government reactions from their own authorities.

The initial reaction and restrictions were slow and are becoming more intense. If this continues to grow I expect more rapid restrictions on the infected region. I’m expecting food shortages soon now that they are restricting travel and the population is generally frightened.

Liberia:
    “National Task Force on Ebola which I co-chair, and after wide-ranging consultations with citizens, health authorities and partners, we have announced a number of stringent preventive measures, issued standing orders to our security forces, and restricted movements internally and externally”

Sierra Leone:
    “President Ernest Bai Koroma of Sierra Leone, one of the three main countries battling the worst known outbreak of the disease, has declared a public health emergency that calls for the deployment of security forces to quarantine epicenters of infection”

Unlike movies and books where the infected have symptoms rapidly from minutes to hours after exposure, this takes 20 days grow enough microbes in your body to do damage.

I responded to another thread 27 days ago:
    July 3, 2014 at 9:57 pm #17845
    In reply to: Drastic action is needed’ now to stop Ebola epidemic
    74 I have the horrible suspicion that in about 15 to 20 days this problem blows up in their cities.
    – See more at: http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/search/ebola/page/2/#sthash.WIXkHhFm.dpuf

Feel free to add your observations.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is more news on Ebola growing and fears.

World Ebola fears grow with Europe and Asia on alert.

http://news.yahoo.com/uk-holds-emergency-talks-growing-ebola-threat-084704564.html

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

US Christian charity Samaritan’s Purse was temporarily withdrawing its non-essential staff from Liberia, it said, citing regional “instability and ongoing security issues”.

There it is it started.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, if this virus develops into an airborne virus we are all going to have to close our self’s in our homes and seal everything. Preppers will do well.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

They say it isn’t airborne yet but I’m not convinced they really know whether it is or not. What makes me most nervous is the long incubation period. It could already be in Europe and the US and we might not know it yet.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

dont worry it is already imported to europe and usa from returning health workers… we go to help and bring back the disease…

it is posted in other threads.. containment or not 28 days later we will see next shift…. if not contained…..it might be too late to do the emergency thing as main cities will be too infected and even if you are not and are quarantined with people showing symptoms… that is a death sentence…. as to air borne infection

at 12 mins to 16 min mark they have short thing on pharmaceutical in Europe and usa…. granted this was a long time ago late 80’s but note it has cone air borne..so chances it can again is not a guess but a reality

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Everyone just needs to be prepared. If it becomes airborne no one can stop this so just prepare by buying what is needed if you have to stay at home.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

One thing to consider, T.I.A.

(This Is Africa)

If there is a place guaranteed to do the wrong things at all the right times……

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Liberian soldiers have set up a blockade stopping people from western regions affected by the Ebola outbreak from entering the capital, Monrovia….

In Sierra Leone the security forces have now imposed a complete blockade of eastern areas hit by Ebola.”

“These counties largely rely on Monrovia for their goods – and the blockade means that the cities of Robertsport and Tubmanburg are now cut off. One Tubmanburg resident phoned into a radio show to complain that rice, the national staple, was already in short supply in the market.”

a patient tested positive. Twelve nurses have been coming down with symptoms and have been quarantined.”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28690799

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

To many are coming down with the Ebola which tell me that it is becoming more contagious.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“MONROVIA, Liberia (AP) — Security forces blocked off a seaside slum in Liberia’s capital Wednesday, stepping up the government’s fight to stop the spread of Ebola, unnerving residents and reportedly sparking a protest.

In central Monrovia there were few cars or people about as nervous residents stayed inside after President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf ordered West Point sealed off and imposed a nighttime curfew, saying that authorities have not been able to curtail the spread of Ebola in the face of defiance of their recommendations.

Sirleaf also ordered gathering places like movie theaters and night clubs shut and put Dolo Town, 30 miles (50 kilometers) south of the capital, under quarantine as well.

“These measures are meant to save lives,” she said in an address Tuesday night.”

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EBOLA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-08-19-19-43-13

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Now they have about one hundred people a day (on record) dying from ebola. That will go up in numbers everyday.

“Police in the Liberian capital fired live rounds and tear gas on Wednesday to disperse a stone-throwing crowd trying to break an Ebola quarantine imposed on their neighbourhood, as the death toll from the epidemic in West Africa hit 1,350.

In the sprawling oceanfront West Point neighbourhood of Monrovia, at least four people were injured in clashes with security forces, witnesses said. It was unclear whether anyone was wounded by the gunfire, though a Reuters photographer saw a young boy with his leg largely severed just above the ankle.”

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0QQ2FU20140820?irpc=932

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It looks like it is not slowing down. They need to protect the quarantine areas but I think they need to move them miles away from the people so they feel protected.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Home to at least 50,000 people, the West Point slum is at the center of both Liberia’s devastating Ebola outbreak”

They have pretty much just condemned 50,000 people to die.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

No barriers are going to stop it and trying to take care of the sick is clueless. Their only hope is to quarantine the healthy in groups and protect them with soldiers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.