Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Jay – looks like a great book thanks so much. I don’t need prescription glasses – just soon some magnification but I check it out and try it now – maybe will resolve the issue. I’m totally open to this approach. Thanks again – hadn’t thought about it that way yet

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Glad you like it. Report back if you find the time to read it. :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

“Old age and treachery (experience + planning) will prevail over youth and strength (and inexperience/impulsiveness)”.  If we use our heads…and experience.

This is not to say we should not exercise and prep, practice and learn constantly.  I’m 71 and go to the gym 3x a week, garden manually, shoot fairly often, etc. Can still shoot a tight group at the range…

But yes, I have to wear reading glasses.  So I have several pairs, in the BOB, BOV and the house.  Also sports-straps around my neck so they don’t get lost if they fall off my nose.  (The dogmushers in Alaska had big fur over-mitts over their regular gloves when on the trail.  They were attached to a lanyard around behind their neck, so if they had to shuck them quickly–to right a sled or untangle a dog fight–they were still there to use, not lost in the snow.  Same principle.)

Someone on another forum suggested having several pairs in higher strengths for the future.  A thought.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, I also rather fight a young guy then an older guy. I also rather fight a big guy then a little guy because the little guy will carry a big stick! What that big stick is who knows!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Little guys are usually much faster too. I was out with a construction crew one night having a few beers. Big guy started causing trouble. I waited till he went to the bar and offered to buy his beer. Told him the guys had been working hard and were just blowing off steam. He muttered something negative about the situation and I knew it wasn’t going to end well so I told him to at least leave the little guy in our group alone. Ok I set him up. That little guy was the meanest SOB I ever met. A few minutes later the guy started talking trash to the little guy. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. It looked like a cat squirrel climbing a tree. The little guy jumped on the guys chest and hit him at least 4 times before they hit the ground. They guy was out cold before he hit the ground.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Matt76, I have seen it too. I saw a little guy in a club pull a knife on a 6’6″ guy and cut the guy open from one side to the other side. What happen is the big guy though he had no problem kick in the little guy rear. This happen a lot with big guy’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.