Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi All,

I appreciate many of you steer clear from Social Media, but just in case you do use Face Book, please be aware we routinely share information and invite discussion their as well :)

https://www.facebook.com/shtfschool/

Many thanks,

Toby

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I don’t have a Facebook account. “Likes” on Facebook are tracked, profiles are built, and such is life in that world (per Facebook/Google/others’ own statements). Mere association with other “unapproved” groups or people only adds to our personal databases housed out in central Utah, and other places.

With that said, I was unaware of the Facebook location, and happy to find out it doesn’t require a Facebook account to read and watch – just went there, and was entirely pleased with the content (the fact that it was there, not what it had to report, of course). I noted the video from Greece, and thank goodness we’ve had Proteus updating us from time to time (but not recently – I hope he’s OK) – or we’d never know Greece is still in chaos. I’ve now bookmarked the site for additional reference.

Many thanks Toby, for all you, Selco, and others do for so many others. I don’t believe there is any higher attribute than selfless service to others.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks GS & Toby. I’m not on Facebook and just assumed this was a non-access item for me. I didn’t realize there were Facebook sites that had accessible material. I bookmarked it.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Thank you for the link.

Unfortunately, I have young adult children that I must be on FB to keep up with. It was more crucial when they were teeny-boppers, but if it wasn’t for FB I wouldn’t see pics of my grandson.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

if it wasn’t for FB I wouldn’t see pics of my grandson.

That’s the primary reason my wife maintains an account. But I was glad to see that it’s an accessible page – most aren’t. I’ve done what MB did – I put it on my “favorites” bar across the top of my browser. There’s quite a bit that is simply not here, and that will be a good additional source, potentially, for keeping in touch with what’s happening. We just won’t be “liking” or commenting on it, for privacy reasons.

Toby, please know how much it’s appreciated! The more “outlets” the better.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Thank you for the link.

Unfortunately, I have young adult children that I must be on FB to keep up with. It was more crucial when they were teeny-boppers, but if it wasn’t for FB I wouldn’t see pics of my grandson.

My wife is on Facebook and for us it is how we get the photos of the grandkids too.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Guys, we are certainly doing our best to provide good information across a variety of media. With the situation worsening in so many ways in so many places we feel it is very important to give good advice, information and updates as we can…!

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

I’m on FB. That is how we stay in touch with friends around the world, and also how I sell some of my paintings–by posting them on dog sites on Facebook. I know it’s not secure by any means, but then, I’m on all the snooper lists anyway by this time. ;)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wild,
    While I have no doubt that this forum and all others are monitored by governments, I have little fear of them. I don’t advocate breaking any laws and I don’t knowingly break any laws (except speed limits).

However my one Internet safety concern is psychopaths and potential raiders. I think it is important to not provide visibility concerning Preps.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

True, 74. We do not advertise our preps, but I do admit showing a few waterfowling photos. So the world knows we have shotguns. But the rest is kept quiet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.