Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus wrote:
    RGR,

Black Jack Pershing did that back in the late, great 19th century in the Philippines…

Those head-chopping Moros were a problem. Legend has it old Black Jack let it be known that any Muslim head-chopper that was caught would be executed via firing squad and buried wrapped in a pigskin. Also, henceforth his soldiers would be using ammo dipped in pig’s blood…

The stupid **** stopped… almost overnight…

Thing is y’all, the military – Army and Marines – don’t teach or study light-fighter Infantry tactics. Not really. The Army has always been “Here’s the line and we’re going to push it forward”… officers Major and above are more adept at ass-kissing than anything else – it’s how to get promoted in today’s military.

Study what the Germans call “Jaegers”… I’ve brought this up with others. Read Hans von Seeckt. Colonel John Boyd. Study Mao and Che and Giap. Don’t tell others HOW to fight, step by step. Give them a mission goal, then tell them to accomplish it the best way they can. This is called “Handlungsfreiheit” – freedom of action, or maneuver. Better known as “maneuver warfare”. Instead of being stuck and limited by doctrine, you free up the imagination to any possibility, and not only of just a leader – anyone with a good idea is free to speak up. Harness the imagination of dozens of minds, instead of just one.

A word about us old farts… yeah, we know stuff. We’re experienced. But don’t make the mistake of putting us in charge because we’re old. I’ve been in situations where the person in charge was the most capable, but also junior to others. It rankled some – the “I’m the highest ranking, so I should be in charge” kind – but the most capable person in charge, no matter who it is, will increase the odds of success… ego has no place in it. I’ve stepped aside and let others run the show, even though I was more “experienced” or outranked them or whatever… if they were more capable, more imaginative, had specialized knowledge or just plain smarter than me, I was more than happy to let them lead…

Thanks MalGus
    I don’t usually take a leadership role (foreman) at work, but I’m ready to take a role when needed. Usually works well for me. My son is USMC trained, and still does jiu-jitsu at least once a week. He’s my rifle expert and knows something about tactics, so that will be when he leads. Very practical. Dad was a “cold warrior” and a medic in the Army. I have others…

I don’t know why you call yourself OLD, I believe it was 2 years younger than me. I don’t feel old, and darn sure don’t act old! (or mature most of the time) :D

But I do take protecting my family VERY Seriously. Hence my presence @SHTF!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond You will be needed too! I wish there would be some of you guys down here in Miami, Florida.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

free,

Uh.. thanks… Not used to getting compliments.

I wasn’t a very… conventional… soldier or NCO… my commanders either loved me or hated my guts… split even about 50/50.

Example: When I was still brand new, I had this E7. Panamanian guy. Couldn’t understand one word in three coming out of his mouth. He HATED my guts. Forced me to sleep in my sleeping bag with my rifle. Problem was, they gave me a sleeping bag that was way too small, so there was room for me or my rifle, but not both. So, I slept with it next to me, sleep being a precious commodity and I loves me some sleep. :) So, he decides to **** with me…

Dickhead kept taking my rifle while I was asleep. To get it back, I had to go dig a foxhole. Next night, I tied the rifle to me with a series of very complicated knots… unable to figure out the knots, he cuts the line and takes my rifle. Another foxhole.

Next day, when he wasn’t around, I dug a trench under my sleeping bag. Put the rifle in it, then my big ass on top of it.

Next morning:

SFC Dickhead: “Hey! Where yo rifle?” (He pronounced it “Rah-Fuhl”… apparently, he was unsuccessful in his attempts at stealing my rifle during the night)
    Me (pulling the rifle out from under me): “TA-DAAA!” (like I was performing a magic trick)
    SFC Dickhead (surprised): “NO NO NO! You gone dig me a foxhole!”
    Me: “Oh BULLSHIT! You’re just pissed off because I outsmarted you!”
    SFC Dickhead: “Dig a foxhole, or you get an Article 15 (non-judicial punishment).”
    Me: (storming away) “FINE! I’ll build you the fucking Taj Mahal if you want… ”
    SFC Dickhead: “What?”
    Me: “Nothing… (mumbling under my breath something about him being a non-english speaking lawn-chair NCO)…

Shortly thereafter, the good SFC “lost” his rifle… couldn’t find it anywhere. It was discovered nearby after a brief search, but apparently was suffering from having been run over by a 5 ton truck… terrible shame, that.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

HAHAHAHAHA. Mal stories like that build character and you truly are a character :)

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

matt,

Heh…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus is that you! I think I know you! Dickhead made you into a bad ass character. I think we all bad asses has in the pass a dickhead. Loved the story brother. I still think we need to bomb ISIS back to the stone age!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div> I still think we need to bomb ISIS back to the stone age!

Only one hand grenade needed for that.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

@Malgus

Did SFC DickHead ever figure out who got his rifle???
    I have an idea ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Maglus , god bless you for the Hogans Heros refs . Back in the day when we still had a sense of humor . Werner Kempler was Jewish , and he accepted the role of Col. Klink on the condition that anything his character did would fail .

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.