Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I was reading this article and started thinking of many of you here. Well many here are older military, police and hunters. The old solders in the Kurdistan are helping a lot. I think like Mulgus, Talik, 74, Whirlibird will be assets for the young if we ever have a civil war or civil unrest that turns into some type of war. All of you guys are very important to the young.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/18/expendables-kurdistan-old-soldiers-flock-to-battefront-to-fight-isis/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Yup, old guys know stuff.

The problem is that the young turks don’t like to listen and learn from someone who is old enough to be their father or grandfather.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

It is amazing what happens to young people when the battle is on their home turf. Once they have tasted battle and seen the results of it many realize the usefulness of the cunning and treachery the battle hardened old timers have. I imagine it would happen much the same here.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Good Observation, Matt

After a few gung-ho cowboys get snuffed, the rest will be looking to the experienced.
    I’m the de-facto leader of our group, but I know when and where to delegate that leadership to the ones with training in the other areas.

“A Man’s got to know his limitations” ~Dirty Harry Callahan

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

A few years ago , my sister was dating a Green Barrett , I joined them for a Veterans day party one night , and I asked them a few hypothetical questions about the government going against the people , and how they felt about that . He and the other SF’s said the same thing . If push came to shove and they had to make a choice , they were going to go with the Constitution , and train civies in guerilla warfare . In other words , what happens overseas is one thing , but here at home is another . I was pleased to hear that . I dont trust the military in general to have the integrity to do whats right , we will see . But if something does happen , we the people need to be as ruthless as the mexican mafia , and go after the traitors families ……….because they wont care about ours .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Some good post here guys. Tolik I agree with that there will be some in the military that will turn and will help the people, I know some my self.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

After Benghazi, and what “O” did to General Ham, I suspect most of the remaining old timers will pull the pin and ignore illegal orders. Why do you think they have such a big thrust to develop the DHS? Military is sworn to the Constitution, not a tin-horn idiot!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond, I agree, even in the DHS there are some that will turn. I personally know of one.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I’m not just aware that old-time warriors will be valuable. I’m positively counting on it. This is why they are especially keen on disarming veterans. Too bad I’m just going to hand them a rifle if they try it.

Without you experienced vets, I’d be damn worried. If it comes to that, I’ll be hanging on your every word.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree WhiteKnight, veterans are very important in any plans for our future.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

It would be interesting to go fight with those old timers over there. They probably don’t even know what the Geneva Convention is. I am sure there are some tactics that go on in those mountains that westerners cannot even fathom.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

matt76 wrote:

It would be interesting to go fight with those old timers over there. They probably don’t even know what the Geneva Convention is. I am sure there are some tactics that go on in those mountains that westerners cannot even fathom.

But we can understand the tactics, I would bet a Silver Eagle on it!
    I wonder if lubricating bullets with lard and bacon grease is “against the rules”
    when the terrorists run amuck over here???

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

RGR,

Black Jack Pershing did that back in the late, great 19th century in the Philippines…

Those head-chopping Moros were a problem. Legend has it old Black Jack let it be known that any Muslim head-chopper that was caught would be executed via firing squad and buried wrapped in a pigskin. Also, henceforth his soldiers would be using ammo dipped in pig’s blood…

The stupid **** stopped… almost overnight…

Thing is y’all, the military – Army and Marines – don’t teach or study light-fighter Infantry tactics. Not really. The Army has always been “Here’s the line and we’re going to push it forward”… officers Major and above are more adept at ass-kissing than anything else – it’s how to get promoted in today’s military.

Study what the Germans call “Jaegers”… I’ve brought this up with others. Read Hans von Seeckt. Colonel John Boyd. Study Mao and Che and Giap. Don’t tell others HOW to fight, step by step. Give them a mission goal, then tell them to accomplish it the best way they can. This is called “Handlungsfreiheit” – freedom of action, or maneuver. Better known as “maneuver warfare”. Instead of being stuck and limited by doctrine, you free up the imagination to any possibility, and not only of just a leader – anyone with a good idea is free to speak up. Harness the imagination of dozens of minds, instead of just one.

A word about us old farts… yeah, we know stuff. We’re experienced. But don’t make the mistake of putting us in charge because we’re old. I’ve been in situations where the person in charge was the most capable, but also junior to others. It rankled some – the “I’m the highest ranking, so I should be in charge” kind – but the most capable person in charge, no matter who it is, will increase the odds of success… ego has no place in it. I’ve stepped aside and let others run the show, even though I was more “experienced” or outranked them or whatever… if they were more capable, more imaginative, had specialized knowledge or just plain smarter than me, I was more than happy to let them lead…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus that is why you are needed, your last two sentences says it all.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Problem with taking lessons from the Germans , are two fold .
    #1. They LOST the war
    #2. They were excellent tacticians , but they were very poor strategists , They had no long term goal , that bit them in the ass , because everything they did , needed to be done quickly in order for it to succeed . Every time they got bogged down ……………..they lost their ass , because their military and equipment was not designed to deal with long drawn out conflicts . The Luftwaffe was a good example , it was designed for ground support …….and thats about it . When their soldats got bogged down anywhere , it was totally ineffective when it came to precision bombing in order not to hit their own troops ( which got surrounded more and more , especially in the east ) or in resupplying its troops , something the Allies could do easily , The Allies on the other hand , were perhaps not the best tacticians , but they were very good at long term strategy ….particularly the Americans and Russians , they knew how to bleed the enemy dry . Unfortunately , we learned nothing in modern day . Every jihadist and other group knows that the best way to defeat the United States , is simply to outlast them . Then they will eventually be forced to leave from internal pressure and bad moral . Guerilla warfare works , its costly , but it works .
    ” All plans fall apart at first contact with the enemy ”
    Erwin Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.