Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/07/31/america-is-facing-the-extinction-level-event-of-124-simultaneous-fukushima-meltdowns/

Interesting how much everyone is talking about this almost like we are being prepped.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Definitely agree. It really seems like everyone is being warned. However, an EMP attack on the grid will not cause a nuclear meltdown at every nuke plant in the country. There is no doubt such an event will bring this country to it’s knees, but nuclear meltdown will not be directly attributable to an EMP event.

What concerns me more, is the delicate infrastructure of the transmission and distribution system. The loss of the ability to distribute the power, will cause untold millions of deaths in this country. Medical care of the seriously ill become nonexistent. Combine the EMP event with a pandemic and you have a population reset akin the Black Plague.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer I do not agree that an EMP attack will not have a nuclear meltdown. The nuclear plants maybe not melt but all the spent rods that each nuclear power plant stores will not have a way to keep them cool and with time will melt down.

This has never been addressed.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Interesting points. Probably hard to answer without knowing how those plants are set up and what kind of “mechanical” fallback solutions they have.

Unfortunately we might learn what a complete meltdown can mean pretty soon once the Fukushima plant is completely destroyed.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Think EMP no more cpu records of debt…. no debt crisis….. restart at zero… motivate dumb into war frenzy. Blame Enemy for disaster that follows..not politicians fault. another false flag of epic proportions. It will leave most infrastructure in place just like a neutron bomb, who cares if a few billion people die they are safe inside hardened bunker …. they died of “natural causes” since disease and starvation are natural …. like in the great depression.

Or if even more disturbing…. a disease outbreak(insert one of many) then EMP… billions die … we had no way yo help the emp took all our communications… when you add these things together the braggarts always say what they will do before hand to say look you cant stop it no matter what.

Question is what re you doing to prep yourself … know the disaster is coming how where who what it will be is un known… now you know why urban survival is so very tough compared to rural.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t know about you, but my debt wouldn’t be instantly erased.
    We just signed on a new house (YA!!) and there are hard copies of everything, literally everything.

There are few things today that aren’t redundantly backed up, if for no other reason than hard drives crash.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    “my debt wouldn’t be instantly erased.” No but soon enough, No one working at the banks or court house, mail will not be delivered so they can’t send you a bill etc. etc. If you make it, you can have the next ten houses over too, or a few by the golf course. The golf course will make a nice garden.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

No electricity = no water = No Garden. The golf course will revert to sagebrush.

Around here, it’s a mile to the river.
    Luckily, I have a handful of larger containers for water storage (working on that this weekend actually)
    but still have to get it home.

I’d bet that all personal and business debts would be frozen by XO/legislative action within minutes until the ‘crisis’ is over and then they’d come back with a vengeance. That way certain companies don’t lose any money per se.

It all depends on how “bad” the SHTF.
    Short term, say 5 years or less, you’re still on the hook.
    5-10 years, gonna depend on how many survive.
    After that, it’s a crapshoot.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, do you have a well? I have one with a hand pump so I do not need electricity.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Not anymore, moved to town over a year ago. Where we were had a bad well/water, extremely high in sulphur, made the water stink and taste terrible. 3 filters to make it tolerable but not great.

That and we’re in the foothills, would have to deep drill to hit water.

Putting in a rain catchment system or at least get the majority done this weekend.
    The easy solution is the river and putting back while we can.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom:

Spent fuel is kept in casks that are stored in a pit filled with water. As long as they keep water on it, they will be fine.

Eventually, we may not be able to get water to the pits, but at the point we all have all lot more problems to deal with.
    Not saying never, but should be Level 2 concern, not Level one.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Oh f-ing pls! This had been a subject for discussion since the 1980’s. Amusing, (in a very sad way) that all of a sudden in 2014 it is a ‘big’ topic of discussion. How could u NOT think ‘terrorist’s’, i.e. (people that don’t agree with ‘us’)) would ‘target our infrastructure. AND, seriously guys,otherthan nattering on about it on a forum,…who ( YOU?) is going to do anything productive about it other than b***vh and complain?

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

tweva what happened to your zen moment?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Waitress, a cup of chamomile for our lady friend please.

On my tab of course.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yeah, I liked the Great News Peeps tweva. Who is this imposter?

Roadracer, how is water going to get into the spent fuel pools, and who is going to do it? If the grid goes down, no fuel, food, or any other kind of deliveries will be happening. I imagine nuke plant employees who will understand the risk more than others will be doing their best to get out of Dodge rather than man a bucket brigade.

Whirlibird, don’t underestimate just how heavy water is. A mile is a long way. Good luck with a catchment system. In the arid parts of the country, there is no such thing as setting aside too much water. In these parts we start talking about how dry its been if we don’t get a good rain at least once a week or if we have to water the garden. I have a Simple Pump hand pump on my well which will give me limitless clean water. I also have a pond in the backyard and a river across the road. I figured I’d use water from the pond for the toilets being we’re on a septic system, but I also keep a lot of bottled water in the basement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.