Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Toby,
    (Edit; sorry if you read this before. Auto correct on tablets is an oxymoron)

Good job on this blog. I think you outlined the reasoning and methodology for item selection in a way that will help everyone assessing their EDC.

The one area I believe you could expound on for individuals new to the idea of carrying an EDC is individual goals. I think we all have the same goal when it comes to an EDC. In a worse case scenario ultimately it is to help get from point A to point B. However I use the contents on a daily basis like my eyeglass cleaner, ChapStick and ibuprofen. Face it, it’s a Man Purse.

Of course this is where a large divergence occurs among individual needs and requirements. Travel distance (= time) being my own first consideration. After that people can break down and access all the environmental and sociological exposures they might have in their own area.

[attachment file=”IMG_20160204_091615.jpg”]

[attachment file=”IMG_20160204_092517.jpg”]

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Excellent article. I very much need to rethink my bug out bag and the rest of the stuff that has slowly made its way into my truck in the manner of “might come in handy some day”. The article gives a good framework from which to go through it all.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for sharing the information. I’ve seen first hand the benefits of good EDC set up, BOB etc. Definitely worth the time for consideration.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks for the feedback guys, it’s really appreciated and I’m glad this first article was of interest :)

74, agreed. My plan is to develop on this ‘base’ with other articles. When I get to ‘kit assembly’ the points you raised will be expanded upon. I’m trying to strike a balance between enough detail but without making articles unbearably long, so ‘breaking it down’ to bite size (ok maybe meal size ;) pieces.

Obviously I don’t want too write just about gear, but it seems like a good place to start!

Once again thanks so much for the comments!

Toby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.