Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

The Economic Collapse Blog posted an article this evening that said the European Bond Market is showing signs of real stress. Bond investors have lost half a trillion dollars this week. Even the German bonds are dropping.

They are blaming it on Central Bank QE program. I wonder what happens if Greece doesn’t make it’s payments to the creditors this month. Latest I heard was they have the money for the June 5th payment, but without an agreement they will not be able to pay the bigger one later in the month.

Is this the tipping point??

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Three years ago I sat in my tax guy’s office filling out forms for the tax year that just ended. One thing led to another and I asked him if he was a prepper. He looked me in the eye real hard. Said he had just become a prepper. Was building up his BOB and stocking up on stuff. He then said he had taken back all his investments and put the money in a bank that was owned by folks in this town. He said he was earning next to nothing on his investment but his principal was secure. I asked him what prompted his decision and he said the global market itself was on a road to hell. Then he further said that once things fell (ie Greece falling out, another country falling out of the EU) the world economy would be flushed down the toilet.
    Robin

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

My financial planner did something very similar. He actually resigned from the firm he was working for and went out on his own because he didn’t believe in the investments that his company was pushing to sell.

He said no where near the money, but he could sleep at night without feeling guilty about things.

He doesn’t call himself a prepper, because he doesn’t like the get out of dodge mentality. Believes there will not be a catastrophic event. However, he has taken steps to make things more secure for he and his wife.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

My financial planner did something entirely different. He jumped off a building.

jk

A friend of mine was fired from a $12 hr. job and replaced by a new girl making $9 hr. She then got a job as a salesman for an insurance company selling annuities. The plunge is on.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here we go

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.