Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If the past is any indication of future events one only needs to look at what happened to Czechoslovakia 1968, Hungary 1956.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

NATO will base nuclear bombs in Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungry I believe. This is what will stop Russia from going forward in the future. But only if they are part of NATO. Putin doesn’t want a nuclear war ether, he just wants to take as much countries back that Russia had before without a nuclear war.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Mtb,<br>
    True but what is worth starting WWIII? I guess it will be a short war anyway, couldn’t last more than a few hours of nuclear exchanges.

The only thing worth the US starting WWIII over would be the survival of the US. However the devil is in the details as they say and there would be vastly different opinions as to what constitutes the survival of the US.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Selco wrote:</div>I am not optimistic in NATO members unity over questions like this one in Ukraina.

Excellent point. Each member has something different to gain or lose, hence only small steps being agreed to.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, what do you mean when you say “I’m a Confederate waiting for the time to start again”. Do you mean Confederate as in the US Civil War”. I’m confused by the phrase is all.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I believe That is what Tolik means.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Mountainbiker , Im in the Confederate territory of Arizona .
    Just remember one thing , the US is NATO , the other nations dont carry their weight in combat or deployment . If Russia and more importantly , China , crash our economy , which they could do fairly easily , then our ability to wage war is kaput . No money = no war overseas . War is expensive , and Iraq and Afghanistan have almost bankrupted us already . In that case , I dont see Germany , England , France , or any other NATO country doing anything except protect their own boarders . The people dont have the will either , and if they start up a draft , they are going to see riots and civil unrest to the degree that will seriously hamper any large scale overseas action ………..the civil war you are talking about , that might be one of the sparks that cause it .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik is right on this, if the U.S. economy collapses we all know that Russia has plans that have been in the works to take back all the countries that they used to have in eastern Europe.

China would like to take Taiwan back and also has plans for that to take place.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks for the clarification Tolik. Were there to be a Civil War II, I don’t see it as North/South or even Red State/Blue State being desi8gnated a Red State versus a Blue State is often a fairly small margin in elections. If for example 45% of the folks in a State vote Red, the 55% that vote Blue are hardly going to have the kind of support they need to wage war. The real divide in the country is more urban/suburban vs small town/rural, and sadly O, Holder, Al, & Jesse have done their best to create a growing black/white divide. Think Colorado. They are a Blue State only because Metro Denver votes blue. The rest of the State is conservative. Those conservative communities are not going to send their sons and daughters to fight Denver’s war. In this great divide, the urban aspect can perhaps be better defined as being govt. being urban folks are much more oriented towards govt. control. If that can be accepted as a better definition, then what we’re talking about come Civil War II is more akin to the Revolutionary War where a segment of the population rose up against the established govt than it is akin to the Civil War. So, that’s a long way of saying instead of thinking of yourself as a Confederate, think Minuteman or Patriot.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes the next civil war will be a Patriot War. Even in the red states it is a 55% to 60% and the rest is Dem so every state will have a some type of problem.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s important not to assume other people have the same values, think the same way as yourself or meet your expectations.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-strategic-bombers-near-canada-practice-cruise-missile-strikes-on-us/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The Russians would end up to be toast. There is one area that we are 50 to 100 years ahead and that is the technology, even there jets can’t go against ours. We would knock them out. This Russian general does,’t understand that we would not only shoot our nukes but we would stop more the 75% of there’s coming our way, it is a no one wins nuke wars and I am with Tolik on this, Putin is not as stupid to try that.

Putin is a smart player which is sending this general to talk big so that everyone knows to leave him alone to take Ukraine.

You need to really look at the image of there bombers, they do not have a chance of getting close, we would shoot all of them down. This is just a power play by Putin because he wants to show that he can cause problems if we keep pushing him on Ukraine.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    I truly doubt “we are …..ahead” maybe something like 6 months in some areas. What technology we don’t give away can be stolen. Besides I’m just trying to point out that pretending to “know” what the other guy is thinking or is willing to do is a bad idea. I assume at some time other people will want to kill all of us.

Profile photo of PaulC
    PaulC
    Survivalist
    member2

A couple key things to consider:
    1. Ukraine is referred to as the “Invasion Highway” historically due to its geography. It is the fastest route to invade Europe (from the east) or to invade Russia’s capital (from the west). For that reason, geopolitically, Russia cannot afford to compromise on Ukraine and allow it into NATO. This is worth fighting for from Russia’s perspective. I’m not so sure Russia has ambitions on taking back the other states that used to be a part of the USSR – just those that are geopolitical buffer zones (keep in mind the US policy of creating a ring around Russia and China to enclose them).

2. When you think of how easily wars have begun throughout history, it’s not hard to see how a war could start now. If you listen to Jim Rickards (highly recommended) there is an economic war going on as we speak, which can spiral into a physical conflict.

3. Wars may not be fought “traditionally” with planes and large marching armies, but guerilla-style – especially with the prospect of overwhelming force against them (the Russians). The US can be broken without a takedown of the military/airforce/navy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.