Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PaulC
    PaulC
    Survivalist
    member2

Check out this article from ZeroHedge that outlines the continuous escalation of the conflict over Ukraine.

As NATO meets in Wales in order to drum up support for embedding troops in Ukraine and the further circling of Russia, Russia is feeling the need to escalate as well: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-04/major-escalation-russian-general-demands-preemptive-nuclear-strike-doctrine-against-

It’s hard to see how this will turn out well if things continue on their current trajectory.

Russia will never relinquish its control over Ukraine as Ukraine is the only buffer it has between Europe and Moscow.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great article, My view is the nuclear thing by Russia is being used to stop the U. S. and NATO from even thinking of doing anything. This is nothing new, it was used in the cold war. Ukraine will be taken over by Russia and there is nothing we can do. The U. S. and NATO will try to stop any other country from being taken over in the future.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

This is what happens when you send a boy to do a man’s job.

Free: You are absolutely correct. I know I sometimes sound like a broken record. But if you want to know what is going to happen in the future, look at what has happened in the past. The run up to WWI and WWII reads like today’s headlines.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

NATO = Not Another Totalitarian Offensive .
    seriously , NATO needs to be dissolved , or at least the US drop out of it ………which would mean that it would dissolve , because the Europeans never carry their weight .

I’m for ” Rootin Tootin Putin ” on this one .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

While I agree WWIII seems to be headed our way, it doesn’t seem like O or the NATO gang are prepared to take Russia head on yet. I think they know he won’t yield on Ukraine.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Obama won’t fight, he’s a skiny little weasel. But Putin might start it on his own, or Merkel might decide going back to East & West Germanys is a bad idea.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Obama would be right not to fight , the risks outweigh the benefits ( what benefits ? ) , Ukraine really has nothing to offer for what an escalation would produce long term . Better to sit this one out , and let the cards fall where they may . I dont think Putin wants more than those areas that are in conflict , not that he’s a good guy or anything like that , but those areas also held an election and are attempting to become independent from Ukraine , supporting that by backing them up with Russian troops , would be a quasi legitimate reason to go in , as they are pro Russian . He also knows that Ukraine is now an independent nation and going into Ukraine proper would cause a serious reaction . I think he will stop there . This seems to be more an ethnic and political situation , than a territorial land grab . Look at it this way , if the separatists were pro west , and wanted independence , we would be supporting the break up ……………..but because they are not , we call them terrorists . Just Sayin .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    Did Putin give you permission to comment on his objectives?Because journalism is under his control in Russin speaking countries. Hate to see you get bumped of for saying tthe wrong thing.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik makes some very good points. Ukraine is hardly worth risking WWIII over.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtb,
    True but what is worth starting WWIII? I guess it will be a short war anyway, couldn’t last more than a few hours of nuclear exchanges.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ukraine will not start a WWIII or a nuclear war. All that is happening is NATO is planning ways to stop Russia from going into other countries in the future.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

74, No worries , I say what I want , when I want . I’m a Confederate waiting for the time to start again , We probably wont have a long wait .
    Oh ! BTW , the press is censored in almost all countries these days , depends on the degree , but censored none the less , we are pretty bad about that ourselves .
    Stars & Bars !

Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

At the very least, Tolik, we can see finally and fully that Ukraine and Putin really killed the “end of history” idea which was on the skids after 9/11 anyway.

This century promises to have massive changes in store for us.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free, I don’t think NATO can stop Russia because NATO is scared to go nuclear. The Russian s on the other hand are openly talking about nuking Poland.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I am not optimistic in NATO members unity over questions like this one in Ukraina.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.