Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well it looks like criminals have taken advantage of the situation. With 38 dead so far this month, 111 this year it looks real bad there.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/28/baltimore-merchants-crime-crisis/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

This does not come as a surprise. Another piece of the post-riot follow-up I’m anxious to hear is what the businesses that were burned and/or looted going to do. Will they rebuild or not? The part that we’ll never know are the businesses that decide to not expand in Baltimore, or locate there in the first place, or that decide to leave the city. None of them will ever say their decision was because the Mayor thought it was OK to give the looters and burners space to destroy, but I don’t doubt but that the riots will have cost Baltimore future investments. If those businesses told the truth they’d be decried in the liberal media as racists, and so why should they bother? If it were me making a corporate investment decision I wouldn’t go anywhere near Baltimore.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Mountain Biker: You hit the nail on the head. One of the economic drivers for the city is the Inner Harbor area. A tourist draw that has seen business drop since the riots. I’m sure that there are a lot of people who have said to themselves instead of Baltimore why don’t we go to (fill in the blank).

The sad thing is that the big stores like CVS can take the hit. The Mom and Pop stores, many owned by African Americans, have seen their livelihood destroyed. Hard working people just trying to take care of their families, and hoping they don’t get shot in the process.

Fifty years of liberal Democratic rule has turned parts of Baltimore into the Wild West. Many have no hope of breaking out of the poverty cycle. Undereducated, under motivated, and unemployable, no wonder selling drugs is so appealing.

I don’t know what the answer is, but what they are doing now sure is not working. My fear is this is the tip of the iceberg. Will St. Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, or Newark be next???

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Meanwhile St. Louis University (a Catholic school) removed a statue of a Jesuit priest deemed to be a symbol of racism and white supremacy. They were going to replace it with a statue of Ferguson protestors until donors caught wind of that and the idea got nixed. Political correctness knows no bounds.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/22609/

In Baltimore, no matter how much of a mess the Mayor and State’s Attorney made of things, no matter how many murders are committed, they will assuredly be re-elected when the time comes. Their campaign speeches will surely blame white people out in the suburbs for the fact that black thugs are killing black people in a city run by blacks and with a police dept. run by blacks. The Mayor is not taking any ownership of the crime problem in Baltimore.

It is going to be a long summer……

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

More news on Baltimore,

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-homicide-spike-083758282.html

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Yup, if I were the police there, I’d stop arresting people too I think. You want no police around, you got it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WhiteKnight, I agree. Now the criminals, gang members can take the city. They are the ones with all the guns.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Yup, if I were the police there, I’d stop arresting people too I think. You want no police around, you got it.

Thats why neighborhood militias are a good idea , local militias in general , But I cant see those kind of people being able to organize a shopping list , much less any cooperative effort like that .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

WhiteKnight, I agree. Now the criminals, gang members can take the city. They are the ones with all the guns.

They’ve had the city for years, the cops have just been pulling a Hans Brinker for decades.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.