Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I was reading on several websites about some surveys done on electrical grid survival.

The survey says that 53 percent of all Americans do not have a 3 day supply of food and water.
    They asked how long they thought they would survive a electrical grid down for a long time, 21% said less then a week. 28% said two weeks. more then 75% said they would be die in 2 months. They are not preparing because they believe the government will help them or they just do not believe this will happen.

I believe that there will be an economical depression that will be two to three times bigger then 2008 is coming. So if an electrical grid goes down in the next year or two not many will be ready.

What I thing we need to do.

Try to not have much debt.
    Save some cash, and not in the bank!
    Every week buy two to three extra cans of food believe me it will add up.
    Start saving water, store it in any container like soda bottles or juice bottles or one gallon water that you buy at the store.
    Buy a good water filter and replacement filters. The filter needs to be on that doesn’t need electricity since the city water may go down.
    Store food for long term http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/storing-food-in-five-gallon-buckets/
    Learn how to grow thing inside your home, http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/mung-bean-sprouting/

And outside your home see what grows in your area and start growing and testing. Posted by anika

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/gardens-including-good-perennial-and-foraging-information/

Have some tools, here is a good post, Posted by 1974t150v http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/compromises-in-tools/

Get a radio, posted by Mr Red, http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/comms-gear-where-to-begin/

In the items for trade Posted by Selco is one of the best post I have read. I keep going back for info that many post. http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/some-opinions-about-items-for-trade/

And please get a hand gun or rifle and go learn all you can about how to handle it now.
    When will it happen, I do not know but the National debt is getting close to it not being able to be handled. To pay the debt every person in the U. S. A. today would have to pay over $100,000 each and it is going up everyday.
    The interest payments are getting out of hand and interest is still low. Just think when it goes up 1 to 2 percent more!

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Good advice, freedom. So many people have never been through really hard times and cannot believe it will ever happen, as you say. Others look at probabilities based on history–and that’s why we’re here on this Forum.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The numbers will deginitely vary depending on location and season.

No power in January will have a different effect in Miami than St. Paul (MN). Same for August.

The climactic challenges are bad enough, but then the social issues have to be considered.

In my experience, the northern people are better stocked and more used to adverse conditions. Part of the cultural heritage.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I’ve seen that within a year of an EMP event in the U.S., approximately 90% (give or take a few) would be dead. Possibly a bit of an exaggeration, but it could be possible, especially if it were to happen in the fall around thanksgiving when many people are travelling.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I do not think that EMP would be something like end of days, but I agree that lot of people will die. Lot of people will have great problems in dealing with new reality, it would be different maybe 30 years ago, but today too many people simply can not care about themselves without help of modern society around them.

There are exceptions of course, i know some people who are living in rural settings, and if something like EMP happens, that is not going to be too much tr4ouble for them, they still know old way of living, they still have skills, or remember skills that they older ones used 30 or 40 years ago.
    They would just continue to live, little bit harder, but still they would survive easily.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr. Red, I also read that 90% would die. In the cities were I live is were that 90% will happen so it will be hell here.

Since we may have an economical depression because of the National debt the government may do a false flag event like an EMP and blame it on North Korea or Iran so they take the attention away from what is really happening which is an economical collapse.

Selco, The people that live in rural areas will only have one problem. It will be the armed city people that will go to the rural areas for food. They will have to be on the lookout after the first 30 days.

Whirlibird, If it is done as a false flag then I think they have the right date planed.

wildartist, You are right, all of us are here for one reason to learn as much as we can from each other.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

If it is done as a false flag then I think they have the right date planed.

And therein lies another problem, who is the most “useful” post-EMP?
    If it’s a planned event, who and what are they willing to sacrifice to continue both the charade and keep things moving in the direction they want?

Which group/area is more useful and productive than the other? With ‘selective’ release, different areas could be harder hit than others.

That would give a better guess at a time-frame for when it’s potentially possible.

Done in a hot August, the southern areas would tear themselves apart while the north would suffer along.
    Done in darkest January, the north would freeze while the south would fare much better.

Places like Chicago, Detroit and New York would be a disaster regardless of season. They are now.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, Why I think there will be a false flag is because nether political party what’s to be part of the total economical collapse and the end of the dollar. So when they know that the economical collapse is going to happen they will do the false flag event like an EMP and blame another country which will take everyone’s eyes(the world) on the attack and not on the economical collapse.

This will buy them time( not just the U. S. but all world governments) for years and no one that is alive will complain of the dollar collapse because they will all think it was because of the EMP attack.

Also after the EMP, six month to a year the government Homeland Security may round up the people that are still alive because that would be much easier job. Remember this has been planed for years. They know what is coming.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

You have to wonder though, freedom, how many of the operators in Homeland Security would have stayed in their job when they realize that it’s best for them to go and protect their families.

Not to mention the fact that when the people who do survive see some government figures who hid away while so many of their countrymen an women perished, while they were in their well stocked bunkers, those gov. representatives would not be well viewed.

I personally don’t view the government as it stands today would have much sway over a populace who survived 6-12 months post EMP, nor do I think much government would actually survive (literally and figuratively).

But, lets just go with your theory, about them EMPing themselves. So if they do have some form of goon squad to “round up the people that are still alive”, how many of those people still alive are going to shoot back? How many of them would they just not be able to find? And if they did manage to round up everyone, what are they going to do with them, and why? How many of the good Military and Law Enforcement and other Gov figures would just say “no, this isn’t going to happen” and either leave their posts or begin a coup? I know for a fact that many of them wouldn’t look kindly to their families being rounded up and stripped of their freedoms.

The idea that they could even attempt a mass internment of the entire population, either as it stands now, or post EMP, is absurd.

Not trying to put you or your ideas down, but this Alex Jones **** is just that (some stuff he talks about is great, but some of these wild ideas of “THEY GUNNA COME TAKE U AWAY BE SCARED” is crazy). A lot of people will have none of that happening, even if they aren’t in this type of patriotic mindset.

As an aside, yes, it could happen, in small numbers, but as for a mass grabbing of people, it can’t.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr. Red, That is what they said about Hitler! And look at history, and the Gestapo it also was made up of his people.
    I do agree that if they try this it will not work the way they plan it. The 10% or more that do stay alive are preppers, x military, that will take them on.

I am posting this idea to see what everyone thinks! I believe that when there is a collapse of the economy and the dollar which I do believe is coming the government will try something to keep our eyes away from the collapse. If it is an EMP they will never say they did it, they will say Iran, North Koria, or China but never them. Maybe even Russia.

And they would round us up by a way of FEMA helping the people with the camps that we all know are all over the Country. They will offer the people food, water and housing with electricity. This is the way they would do this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.