Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

For myself, and many others, what I carry from day to day can vary. So, what I list now may be totally different than what I’ll have on my person in July, or even next week.

For a blade, I usually have a spyderco ambitious on me, but sometimes I’ll also carry my ESEE Izula 2 if I think I’ll need something of heft/heavy duty.

I have a Fenix LD20 light. No extra batteries, which may some day bite me in the arse, but it’s only two AA so it’s not hard to find.

Bic lighter.

Leatherman Juice.

Small Rite In The Rain note book with an all weather pen (the pen is also a self defence tool for striking).

My iPhone with ear buds.

My keys which are just keys and a petzl S-biner.

In my jacket I’ve got one of those ESEE E&E kits. As well as a Petzl headlamp, a toque, gloves, some ear plugs, regular run of the mill safety glasses, a small little booboo/first aid kit which is super basic.

Nothing extravagant. I could carry more, or less, depending on what I have on the go and weather conditions.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

ummm no heat? But then again you stated “EVERY Day Carry” and most of us cannot carry to work!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Being Canadian, we’re not allowed to carry firearms for self defence (or anything for defence really, since that’s sometimes a no-no). Technically you can carry a non-restricted firearm around, as long as it’s clearly unloaded and visible, but honestly that’s not really a smart thing to do, especially in a public area. Out in the sticks it’s fine (and can be loaded then, because self defence against hungry critters is allowed, just not the two legged, people variety that are more dangerous).

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Aaah!
    OK Mr. Red!

I admire the resolve of those Canadians who do not live in the cities,
    darn near a Prepper Mentality from birth for them!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

It’s something I’ve been accustomed to my whole life really. Being in that I live not only in Newfoundland, but pretty isolated as well, I have a unique view on most things, especially the prepping/self-reliance stuff.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

You would be a great resource to speak with over a hot (or cold) drink!

Around here, it is the old folks that grew up “prepping” so to speak.
    Now everything is available On Demand, run to the Wal-Mart and grab it.
    No forethought or planning needed, or even cash… just use a credit card.

This will change, however. It’s great to find those who LIVE it, rather than
    speculate what it will be like, including myself…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.