Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

nvm.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Elijah,
    I have basically employed something similar to this, but didn’t know what it was called until now.
    Your posts are great and full of useful knowledge.
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hannah

Profile photo of lci115lewis
    lci115lewis
    Survivalist
    member3

Because I got tired of forgetting to put things I frequently need everyday at work I started storing almost all of it in a pouch on my belt. Now I don’t have to worry about forgetting any of my sets of keys, cell phones (a personal one and one work gave me for when I am in other buildings), my wallet, etc. and I also no longer need to worry about my old “boo-boo” kit that had been in an Altoids tin getting crushed in my back pocket any more. Then I have I have additional items in the satchel I carry on my daily commute to work, I that I have some larger flashlights and s more substantial first-aid kit (real first aid, has a couple of field dressings and some gauze pads, plus additional minor first-aid supplies. Then I have the backpack I take to work every Mondays with my lunches for the week, and bring back home on Fridays with the dirty dishes. That has even more first-aid supplies, including wraps, triangular bandages, etc. Plus in my office I keep a change of clothes, some heavy work gloves, a box of exam gloves, some disposable dust masks.

Finally there is my car (on days when I don’t walk to the bus stop) I have another first-aid kit that duplicates most the contents of the other two kits, plus a bunch of wraps, a trap, a couple of the old British IPKs (Individual Protection Kits, meant to help soldiers to add overhead cover to slit trenches, basically a thin vinyl tarp, some aluminum stakes and 50-60 feet of nylon cord), water, car emergency gear like jumper cables and a 12 volt spot light.

So as you can see I pretty much found your system on my own. but my big failing is the fact that I just can’t seem to not carry more flashlights and pocket knives than will probably ever be needed. As a matter of fact, sitting at my desk I usually have 8-10 flashlights and a similar number of pocket knives within arms reach between the 3 “zones” of my carry gear. If I can find where my camera wondered off to I will finish taking pictures of my zones, If I can’t locate it I will just start over.

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.