Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Being a numbers kind of guy I look at it from a somewhat different perspective. Hundreds have died these past couple months, or more likely thousands assuming they have grossly under counted the deaths thus far. At worst we’re talking low 5 figures though. The population of the affected countries is higher today than when this all started. Each and every day the world’s population rises by 200,000. Thus far this strain of ebola is not even remotely close to a world killer. Maybe it will be soon, maybe not. Too early to tell. Viruses have a way of mutating and so the nature of things could change quickly. It bears very close monitoring, but until I start seeing exponential growth I’m not going to get too excited

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Epidemics spread like wildfire. Just a saying that sticks in my mind.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    I’m not rattled, not at all. I’m simply interested in what is happening. One of the problems written text has always had is that it doesn’t emote.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Just saw via twitter; Plane carrying 2nd Ebola patient from Liberia lands in Maine enroute to Atlanta

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“until I start seeing exponential growth I’m not going to get too excited” MTB

We are seeing it, it’s just that we are watching the beginning stages. It started with just one case. Recently Patrick Sawyer put 8 people in quarantine, 3 are probably going to die. 70 others are under observation.

Left unchecked it would expand in the classic exponential model. Their attempts to contain it have probably helped slow the progressive spread throughout the population.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Lets just hope that this strain doesn’t mutate into something that’s much easier to transmit. A cross between bird flu and ebola would be terrifying.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Red, There was a strain in the past that was airborne. The records of it have been going around the net.

This is from a NY ABC news affiliate: “That patient walked into the emergency room at Mount Sinai Hospital on the Upper East Side unannounced Monday afternoon showing signs consistent with the illness, namely high fever and gastrointestinal problems.”

The test for ebola is being conducted by the CDC in Atlanta and takes 2 days. This patient is in isolation, but there is no news of any attempt to find all of the people he exposed. If he has ebola all of his exposed contacts are becoming infectious; are they spreading ebola? Do they believe they have time to wait and see because all the infected can’t pass the virus on yet?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

OK a little more news:

“During a segment concerning the admission of a potential Ebola victim at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta revealed that there have been at least six cases at the hospital which prompted doctors to test for Ebola but that the details were not divulged publicly.

“There have been about a half a dozen patients who have had their blood tested because of concern, those particular patients their stories were not made public,” said Gupta, adding, “I’m not sure if that’s because of heightened concern by the hospital or what that means exactly.”

Gupta also appeared to suggest that patients being tested for the Ebola virus were not being kept in isolation when he stated, “This isn’t the kind of thing that they worry about spreading to other patients in the hospital, spreading to people who are walking around the hospital. This is not an airborne virus.”

However, at least in the case of the patient who was made public yesterday, hospital officials said the individual was immediately put into isolation as a precaution.

As we reported yesterday, despite health authorities downplaying the likelihood of Ebola going airborne, studies by Canadian scientists suggest that this is in fact likely, at least to a limited degree.

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-health-authorities-concealing-number-of-suspected-ebola-victims-from-public/

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

(Dr.) Henry Niman’s forum on flu, ebola ,and all other viral diseases.

http://fluboard.rhizalabs.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, this is not good! I think someone is not telling us the truth. I am thinking this Ebola virus maybe already an airborne virus. If it is they will hold back the truth till they just have to many infections. It just doesn’t sound right to me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is the Wall Street Journal. The man was in the hospital for seven minutes before they isolated him,how many things did he touch?
    Ebola Virus: Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City Tests Patient

http://online.wsj.com/articles/mt-sinai-hospital-in-new-york-city-tests-patient-for-ebola-1407187730

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

74, this is not good! I think someone is not telling us the truth. I am thinking this Ebola virus maybe already an airborne virus. If it is they will hold back the truth till they just have to many infections. It just doesn’t sound right to me.

One woman caught it by being on a motorbike with an infected driver…. so that might indicate its semi airborne already.
    This here is a look inside one of the high security places where Ebola victims are treated. Also a small lesson on perimeter defense.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>I think someone is not telling us the truth.

Ya that’s a new one!!

Well this guy walked into the hospital so he exposed the taxi driver & hotel staff, probably a restaurant or two. Came through JFK, probably used 2 or 3 flights to get here, with 2 or 3 other airports. Not a peep about his travels. Plus they are not saying he was a doctor, had direct contact with patients or infected kin. So whats up with that. With every other patient using air travel we knew all of that right fast. Maybe they will give him the secret formula anti virus serum and set him free like it didn’t happen.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

One of the triggers for me will be when we have people infected in 1st world countries who have not been in Africa themselves.

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.