Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm, so much for common sense.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yes, more and more look like apocalypse movie scenario.

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

After reading the article Legatelanius linked to, it’s obvious to me that the authorities are down playing the incident. Saying they have tracked down all the passengers on the plane and none show any signs of the virus, is merely pacifying the public into believing there’s nothing to get alarmed about. With an incubation period of up to 3 weeks, they better keep those passengers quarantined for a while before they announce that no one has any symptoms. From what I’ve read about Ebola, it spreads like wild fire. you can contract it and spread it to a hundred people before you even know you have it. But no worries, I’m sure it won’t walk across the open border of the southern US.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Yes, more and more look like apocalypse movie scenario.” Selco
    At least we know what to do at the first sign when it arrives…..run like hell and get out of the cities.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wednesday update:
    Nigerian health officials are in the process of trying to trace 30,000 people thought to have come into contact directly or indirectly with a Liberian Ebola victim.
    Patrick Sawyer, a consultant for Liberia’s Finance Ministry, died on Friday after arriving at Lagos airport on June 20, having vomited and suffered diarrhea on two flights

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2709509/Nigeria-admits-precise-number-people-Ebola-victim-infected-not-known-59-people-placed-close-surveillance.html#ixzz38zatY4S5

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Nigerian health officials are in the process of trying to trace 30,000 people thought to have come into contact directly or indirectly with a Liberian Ebola victim.

Oh man, Nigeria good luck with tracing 30 000 people.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The media & governments are telling us that modern nations will be able to contain the illness, personally I quit believing what governments had to say in about 1970.

Thursday update:
    “Security forces in Liberia were ordered to enforce the action plan, which includes placing all non-essential government workers on 30-day compulsory leave.”

“When these measures are instituted, only healthcare workers will be permitted to move in and out of those areas. Food and other medical support will be provided to those communities and affected individuals,” she said, adding that all markets in border areas are to be closed.”

No current numbers of infected are being released and from these actions whole towns will be written off for dead.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/chi-ebola-virus-outbreak-20140730/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

looks like the CDC finally has decided to speak up here in the US.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/cdc-downplays-ebola-but-issues-airline-advisory/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I believe we are in the you don’t need to panic yet mode. It took 6 months for it to grow into a crisis in Africa. If one person slips by and infects a group in another country it won’t show up until 15 to 20 days later as a problem. Then you might see it grow exponentially.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yeah, and they are downplaying it. If all one had to do was avoid bodily contact or contact with bodily fluids, it wouldn’t be spreading so rapidly. I wouldn’t bet my life on it not already being airborne.

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

It is time for everyone to become very conscious of how they conduct themselves in public. Hand shakes and hugs are out of the question.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Can you say FEMA camps? How many people will willingly go to an interment camp if they feel threatened by a pandemic like Ebola? If this gets out of hand, we could be facing a world population reset on the scale of the Black Plague.

Now is not the time to panic, but it is certainly the time to prepare.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Agreed Roadracer. Now is a good time for this guy to research how to protect ones self from Ebola. Because once you get it, it’s game over.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.