Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Blaze
    Blaze
    Survivalist
    member1

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Jay wrote:</div>Whats truly scary is when we experience the time when antibiotics stop being effective and other treatment like bacterophages arent ready yet… then small cuts can kill again and standard surgical procedures become matters of life and death…

This seems like more of an immediate issue, to me, than Ebola. There are more people contracting measles in a given state every year than the total number with Ebola this year. We are seeing diseases previously virtually wiped out make a resurgence. I’m much more concerned with antibiotic resistant bacteria, personally. Quick story, my wife is in medicine and was telling me a story tonight about how a local medical assistant was asking a patient some questions about recent travel. The MA didn’t know the country so marked the patient as having been to west Africa. Well of course this caught legs and a rumor spread that Ebola was diagnosed here. The local infectious disease docs found it hysterical that people flipped out, especially after it was revealed that the patient had gotten back from the Dominican Republic, definitely not Africa.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

“Texas Town Quarantined” – If you come across this blow it off. “National Report” is a satire site not to be trusted.
    Robin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Report

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

What is getting people talking so much about Ebola is the numbers, 70% die who get Ebola. The flu kills more people that Ebola does but the numbers are not even 1% of the people that get the flu die, it is that everyone gets the flu so the numbers are low.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

More people hospitalized in Turkey, suspected having Ebola. (Taz).Three people suspected Ebola were hospitalized in the Turkish provinces of Izmir, Kahraman Marash and Konya, the Anadolu Turkish news agency said Oct.22. One of the hospitalized is a Turkish student who studies in Somalia and returned to his homeland, and <b>the rest returned from the Hajj in Saudi Arabia.</b>Thus, the number of hospitalized suspected Ebola in Turkey reached five people, four of whom are persons returned from the Hajj. 

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Freedom. Having almost died of the flu once, i’m certain I will die of ebola if I get it. Not good odds for me. I might as well prep up and buy a good body bag for myself. Or as the one woman in Outbread did when she discovered she had the virus, walked out to the dumpster and put a bullet in her head. But she was black. Her odds of getting an antibody transfusion from a black survivor would be better than mine getting an antibody transfusion from a white survivor. i can’t say i’ve seen a whole lot of white survivors. Brantly seems to be a very special almost unique survivor.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen, as this spreads there will be lots of white survivors. It is just that thus far it has spread in predominantly black areas.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, you and I have the same problems low immune system. We have to take very high dosages of vitamin c to pull our immune system up. Eat a lot of fruits and veggies with high vitamins and pray. Even if there are a lot of survivors it doesn’t matter if they are white or black or any other color, it is about blood type only. But if there is a large population infection I do not think they will have the antibody transfusions for everyone.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I am not worried about the Ebola virus itself – more about the security measures taken by the government. We had a scare a few days ago. Less than 20 km from my work. I was more worried about being included in the quarantine area than anything else. You need to have a lot of food and amo for that matter. The people this side will not take kindly to their freedom taken away from them.

I also do not eat bush meat like bats… : )

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Freedon, Brulen – best to take non-acidic Vit C, if you take a lot per day

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Brulen, you and I have the same problems low immune system. We have to take very high dosages of vitamin c to pull our immune system up. Eat a lot of fruits and veggies with high vitamins and pray. Even if there are a lot of survivors it doesn’t matter if they are white or black or any other color, it is about blood type only. But if there is a large population infection I do not think they will have the antibody transfusions for everyone.

Thanks Freedom. But .,, have you looked into n-acetylcysteine nac. I think that might be more help than vitc. I’ve tried high doses of c and it doesn’t have a good effect on my stomach wheras nac may help ward off flu and it won’t give you an ulcer.. Its supposed to and does help reduce mucus production. I can’t say whether I have a low immune response or not. A high response to flu or ebv might produce the dreaded cytokine storm and kill even quicker. I’ve never smoked so my lung condition is generally healthy and thats a plus. That Brantly Pham and Vinson have recovered so quickly is amazing. They must be very healthy or have advanced medical technology on their side. I would like to see the bills. I’m thinking there must be a miracle drug involved. They would want to conceal it for financial reasons if its made by a pharma giant. Business comes before people as they say.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, They use a lot of intravenous drugs. I read that in Africa they where using from 100,000mg to as high as 500,000mg of vitamin c. They found that they were all low on vitamin c. The problem is that oral vitamin c does effect the stomach, also it is well known that the stomach will only absorb about 65mg of vitamin c a hour so the best is the time release that have 500mg in about 8 hours or they have the 1,000mg for 24 hours which will keep your immune system strong. Also well known is zinc, we know it is being used in products like Cold-Eeze which the zinc kills the virus in your month, but we know that by taking zinc it also helps kill the flu virus.

I personally store the Cold-Eeze since they are in the form of a candy and will last for a very long time.

Every little helps in the fight against a virus.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Today I was down in my former town in MA today as a volunteer at their annual flu vaccination clinic. We processed through more than 700 people in a 3 hour drive-through in a corporate parking lot. What was interesting was that there was absolutely no discussion about ebola, nor any different kinds of precautions being taken. I had wondered about whether that would be the case.

Profile photo of ValleyGal
    ValleyGal
    Medic
    member1

The prudent steps to be taken now regardless of the “bug”, or any other situation requiring us to hunker down or self quarantine, ie, a possible Furguson event, are every day common sense & no hoodoo voodoo. Many of us have either ourself or a family member, a chronic illness. In addition to our food & water acquisitions, every day over the counter medications & medical supplies should be stocked, & I’m not talking about 1 bottle of cough syrup and a box of bandaids. A few weeks, a month, or possibly more, a case of the flu making the rounds in your family, or a small cut or splinter festers into a life threating infection, and you’re cut off from community medical resources or they are non-existent, mandates your need to stock up now. Determine who in your family or your close knit group of other preparers has basic medical training training, I.e., EMT, or more basic First Responder training. If someone does, ask if they will be available in an emergency when there is no doctor or dentist, and offer to help obtain their supplies. Basic supplies for EMTs & MEDICS, are costly if needed for more than immediate family. For me personally, meeting needs for regular supplies are being affected by medical supply needs. Odd, putting suture & dental repair kits on a Christmas wish list. It wouldn’t hurt to sign up for a local CERT class; great way to learn where local resources are & a good way to rub elbows with the local First Responder community. Many state EMS sites have on-line basic 1st aid classes. There are many that are free on-line through youTube. States offer these so their EMTs & MEDICS can gain new info, or keep up their existing skills. With the colder winter expected & the possibility of medical & civil emergencies it just makes sense to supply & train now. By the way, remember your Farm friends & family have some medical training & medications. Many have learned from their Vets on how to manage chronic and emergent events. Just a few musings of mine on this cold morning. ValleyGal

"When opportunity knocks......
    some people object to the noise"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The newest treatment for ebola is to drink a gallon of rehydration fluid a day. One more thing to add to my supplies.
    Sambucol syrup
    Sambucus vit c tablets
    Power aid

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The Dr. they brought in to treat in Nebraska has died. He treated an Hiv infected pregnant woman. They are asmyptomatic carriers of ebola until the end. Its possible the Dr. was himself a coinfected carrier of both bugs.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.