Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>Brulen, what is the black flu? I haven’t heard of any flu called that.

You’ve heard of the Spanish Flu? Same principle. But if you like you can call it the German Plague. Their Big Pharma will probably be the first to release a faux vaccine. Convenient eh…. Marburg Reston Zaire … Captain Tripps. The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility. Ash from Alien 1. What kind of meat does it prefer. Thats the question. Slight statistical differences can make a lot of difference in the long run.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I understand what you’re saying now Brulen. If anyone is going to start a biowar, I put my money on the Chinese. It could solve a lot of their problems if they lost a few hundred million of their own while they take the rest of us out.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“What is not getting said publicly, despite briefings and discussions in the inner circles of the world’s public health agencies, is that we are in totally uncharted waters and that Mother Nature is the only force in charge of the crisis at this time.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/opinion/what-were-afraid-to-say-about-ebola.html?_r=1&referrer=

Edit: “Dr. Osterholm is director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), a professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, University of Minnesota. He is also a member of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the National Academy of Sciences and the Council of Foreign Relations. In June 2005 Dr. Osterholm was appointed by Michael Leavitt, Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), to the newly established National Science Advisory Board on Biosecurity. In July 2008, he was named to the University of Minnesota Academic Health Center’s Academy of Excellence in Health Research. In October 2008, he was appointed to the World Economic Forum Working Group on Pandemics.”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The more people get the Ebola virus the more chances the the Ebola virus mutates with an influenza virus and become airborne. If it becomes airborne Ebola virus will kill millions. We all need to be as prepared as possible.

When Ebola becomes airborne it will be to late to buy the things we all need since everyone will be purchasing them.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It will not be obvious that it has spread to other parts of the world because of how long it takes for the symptoms to manifest. Someone can leave Africa that was exposed and look fine traveling anywhere, then die 21 days later. They would have almost a month to spread the disease.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes that is one of the biggest problems if it becomes airborne, the time it takes to manifest into symptoms. 21 days is a long time.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

CDC just issued EBOLA pandemic preparedness… you know its bad when http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/hospital-checklisk-ebola-preparedness.pdf

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think they have to start getting ready. If ebola were to come here and they had not sent this out, we would have civil insurrection due to negligence on part of the government. I’m attaching a plan that lays out the expectations of a local government. You may find it interesting.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks for upload. Really interesting 74.

This article here about what the US intervention could result in probably offers one of the best descriptions of the current situation and what we can expect from Ebola in the coming weeks and months.

It also outlines how the help will look like.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/09/16/can_the_us_army_degrade_and_destroy_ebola

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks for the PDF it has some interesting facts.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I do not think the quarantines will work. Ebola is passed the stage of stopping it now. Bad news.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom, I have to believe thet have a much bigger problem in Seirra Leone then they were letting on.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I agree! I think the problem is way much bigger. What will happen is one person that has Ebola will get infected with a flu virus and all hell will happen. This is now for sure will happen, to many infected with Ebola.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.