Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The chart is a little misleading. The number line for deaths is from cases contracted 21 days ago. The number of cases line includes all the current known cases. So if deaths lag cases by 21 days, then the cases on the chart are under reported in August by about 1000 with a 100% death rate. Since the death rate is 60% or so in the begining of August case numbers should be about 3000 cases. That would dramaticly change the chart line.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I can’t believe 74, that I am actually saying this…but in the scheme of things…with what is going on in my life now…..this is at the bottom of my personal list of concerns. Fine line between concern and hysteria and I refuse to become all ‘a twitter,’ before anything has even triggered my internal ‘alarm’. Ebola is real, it is ‘threat’…but seriourlsy do I worry about it enough to keep me up at night? Fear factor..watch yourselves people.. Don’t let it get out of hand inside yourselves. Was it Churchill or some other quasi-religioous person… nothing to fear bt fear itself. SO f-ing true..take note. OK sorry, guess sick of fearful, dithering people…job and all

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    It’s ok if you don’t want to worry about it. Other people have concerns because it is going to kill a lot of people.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Tweva you’re correct. Yes, Ebola is a threat, but it’s so far away, and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. Sure it’s a good idea to keep an eye on it, to potentially get a heads up if it does get worse and closer, but one shouldn’t get so far deep into the doom and gloom to where it effects you so much.

After all, life is still pretty great for now for the most of us. Take it all in whilst we can, eh?

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

74 yes it will kill a lot of people… but I have GREAT faith that whomever runs the world is far more intelligent than I, has a plan, has a reason…though I may know it not…for this particularly heinous plague. My life, in this time frame, on this blue planet….does not suggest (to me IMHO) that this plague is something intended by my Maker from which I must (or our country) to learn a great lesson. MY lessons to learn from,….I am quite confident…are much different. Fear is an horrendous enemy….our people, nation and economy are feeling it now…because, in part,…we have NO LEADER…. signalling, bravely, the way. Ebola? Pfht! Lots bigger things concerning me …sorry 74.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“The Ebola virus is “spreading like wildfire and devouring everything in its path,” Liberia’s Defense Minister Brownie Samukai told the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday, adding that the outbreak poses a “serious threat” to the war-torn nation’s very existence.”

https://time.com/3315000/liberia-ebola-existence-civil-war/

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Tweva I also wouldnt worry about Ebola (at least now now). The virus is too heavy to become really airborne. I heard this from various virologists now so I believe it. It must get crossed with other airborne viruses to become airborne and thats pretty unlikely looking at the stats.

I just follow this so closely because we can learn a lot from it. We see quarantines, how governments act (or ignore the problem). How very simple people react to it and so on. Many valuable lessons to be learned.

There is also a great new documentary about it on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/ebola-outbreak/

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, this is part of Nature which is what you believe. When you believe in Nature doing us harm it doesn’t just come from hurricanes, risen ocean waters, earthquake. It also come from nature as diseases like viruses(plagues). Plagues have been happening for thousands of years. We do not know why they happen but remember they may not be created by our Creator/God. Evil maybe the creator.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    I don’t get where you see fear on the forum. I see people engaged in discussing the human condition. Just like they were sitting around chatting next to the fire sharing news, stories and how to do things.

I can tell you who is scared, it’s the medical profession here in the states. I went to the Dr. Tue and they were much more relaxed when they found I didn’t have a fever. Just about everything they asked in the beginning was about ebola symptoms (of course they didn’t say that). They are operating totally at risk.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

For me monitoring the ebola situation is just that, monitoring, no different than many other domestic and international situations that I monitor so as to be aware and not be caught by surprise. Monitoring is not the same as being fearful.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker is right you just keep your eye open on it just like everything else.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I am keeping an eye on the black flu. It is airborne and mutating rapidly. The time for a vaccine came and went. Social distancing anybody. Might be difficult but i think it could be done. At least until the nature of the beast is better understood.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Anyone with an existing respiratory problem should be as careful as posible.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen, what is the black flu? I haven’t heard of any flu called that.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Whats truly scary is when we experience the time when antibiotics stop being effective and other treatment like bacterophages arent ready yet… then small cuts can kill again and standard surgical procedures become matters of life and death…

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.