Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

“”No reason to panic, everything is fine, dont listen to the people telling you to take it seriously.””
    (ty selco, you would think they would change their play books a little…)

So patient 3 was on not one, but two planes of people days before she was officially diagnosed… one plane went on to carry 5 more loads of people, god knows where else… and today I wake up to headlines along the lines of, dont worry about taking the bus, even if someone has ebola you will be ok…

There is a plethora of dis info out there right now… but so far my favorite headline/story was.

“obama to create ebola swat teams”.

Why did i like that? cause there is… absolutely nooooo way… that is gonna be abused… L OOO L

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Don’t worry, be happy!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Pretty interesting. Three days ago had to go to a couple of local big box stores. A fair number of plain paper masks in use. LOTS of clear plastic gloves. NO hand sanitizer left. Peeps are freaking for sure.

Just got back this afternoon from closing elderly father’s house in CT (yeah it sold!). Flew through Dulles and Bradley Field on way up – Bradley, JFK (met up briefly with long time-no see friend) then on to Dulles on way back. LOTS of gloves and a bunch of paper masks on all flights. Prettyquiet too. Could definitely feel tension in the air if you are sensitive to ‘group dynamics’ as I feel I am. VERY few people got up to use the restroom. One lady tried to talk a seat mate out of using it as they tried to get up/by. ‘You don’t know what’s in there!’. Bonus oddly was that it seemed lots of people had checked their bag. Usually overheads are crammed to capacity. Made getting on/off much quicker. I was afraid to cough to clear my ears.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“I was afraid to cough to clear my ears”
    That’s kinda funny and scary at the same time.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

They can probably track every cell phone that was within 50 feet of her the whole time and identify the owner. It just takes time.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yeah 74 – figured if I blew my nose, coughed or yawned big to clear my ear (not sick – lifelong problem) the plane would have been quarantined and the hazmat suits would have hauled me off to the hoosegow. Yeah, today was worse than going up. Someone said possible student fromYale (in New Haven) being tested. One older than me lady from Yonkers (she told everyone) was really jumpy (she the bathroom monitor).

Anyway, I was too tired to get weirded out by the odd feeling/behavior. LESSON FOR ALL ….just because you get older and are a prepper does not mean you should hang on to all tax returns for 39 years, all credit card receipt slips since beginning of cards being issued very free bunch of address labels some charity sends u in hopes u will send them money, every paper bag on the planet, old cashmere overcoats you haven’t worn since you retired at 50 ….40 years ago (and won’t)….I think part of my ear needed cracked wast he dust build up. Unh. Think of your kids having to deal with all that crap.

Night all. About flattened. Bless all.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well I don’t know Tweva those receipts might make by useful for making nitrocellulose or sompthung.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I think ebola is a distraction . Inflation is rising every week now , economic problems are closer than we think .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    Ebola is the sand in the soap nobody wants to use but has no other option.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

74 ugh damn it… my dad bought me a 14 dollar bar of lemon soap, and it has sand in it… why the hell did the put sand in it…. *shakes fist*

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Congrats tweva on finishing that project. A ways back I cleaned out my in-laws place that they had lived in for 49 years, and he was quite the pack rat. The lesson was not lost on us and so when we sold our last place we did a major tossing so as to make it easier on the kids when its their turn to clean our our stuff.

On the flying thing, now with ebola and an astoundingly incompetent CDC I am even more glad I stopped flying altogether 7 years ago after a particularly miserable flight. Said I’m never flying again, that if I can’t drive there I’m not going, and I’ve stuck to that resolution.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

CDC is looking for 500 people now from those 5 flights.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Tolik – I know this is a ‘sales pitch’ in its way but I like Addison Wiggins. And Jim Rickarts is a smart guy. I do have problems when people try and put dates on something like ‘when shtf will start’ etc. But interesting food for thought anyway if you skip over sales pitch.

MountainBiker – I know – I flew enough in my life I rarely do it any more if I can help it. But that drive up to the CT/MA line area is a bit** and I hate that worse. Guy buying house – sale contingent on pretty quick possession. Took a strong young guy with me and knocked it out. Good for you for saving your kids from all that. Seriously 3 paper bags of free address labels? And since we have so many random laws they should add another: NO JUNK MAIL/charity ‘pleas’ to anyone over a certain age – or at least a way to stop it. It is ungodly what my father gets. I have to get this mail (I refuse to take him to PO) because otherwise he hauls it all back to my house – and then, although it occupies ‘time’ while he ‘reads’ all this ‘important’ stuff…than he becomes indecisive, hangs on to it and it stacks up, and up. Un. And boy does he get angry when I scoop it all up and throw it out! Sigh. So…now I throw it out at the PO. Just awful. And worse, I don’t get all that stuff – so why does my father? (He is not a generous man and doesn’t send them any money – so it isn’t like that is what promulgates it all).

Anyway…off topic…sorry

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Oh – sorry – link

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yesterday afternoon I drove 5 hours to Maine in the rain,only to have the event postponed when I got there and then turn around and drive 5 hours home in the rain. The up side (I think?) was I listened to the entire ebola hearing on the radio, and then the hours of rehashing it all afterwards. I was not impressed with Frieden and the gang. As I have observed for the past few years, the CDC is now more a politically driven organization than it is a public health driven organization. O has succeeded with permeating every Federal agency with his agenda.

tweva, I am well versed in the Publisher Clearing House grip on old guys. My FIL bought plenty of overpriced crap thinking he had won, spending money he didn’t have to spend. That organization should be ashamed of themselves. They know exactly what they are doing. Not to start a contest here or anything but how many old toilet seats did you find in your Dad’s garage? My father-in-law had about 6, just in case he needed them again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.