Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is going to get real bad in Liberia, Ebola is going to spread real fast now there.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/17/liberia-expands-ebola-treatment-centers-as-more-airlines-halt-flights-to/

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Oh, joy. Probably one of the stupidest things they could do, and they went and done it.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Red, I was thinking the same thing, I can’t quite fathom how you can be that stupid. I’m figuring this is going to get so bad there they will be shooting people like they do in the movies. In 2 or 3 months when the disease has really spread and everyone will want to keep strangers a good distance away.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Years ago one of our refrigerated ships loaded with frozen chicken went to Monrovia on charter. Got there, charterer didnt have enough refrigerated storage or refrigerated trucks to move it. Canadian Captain was spastic. Hot as heck…ship beginning to run low on freon n none available in large enuf qty in port…..men in cars started showing up at request of charterer and taking as many boxes offrozen…now barely frozen, wet, dripping…soon stinking,chicken from the holds. Dealing with the people there was a horrible ordeal. Most poorly educated, many from tiny bush villages full of tribal suspicions and beliefs…gone to city to make a better life. Filthy, dirty, corrupt. Poor citizenry. This doesn’t surprise me at all. Tragedy. Count yr blessings. For all our faults and troubles….we should count ourselves mostfortunate to live here.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Time to go rewatch “The Dead”.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Remember that the more people get Ebola the more chances of it becoming airborne. Many may have a flu virus then get Ebola and then bingo the two viruses get together to make one hell of a virus. Then we have something more then the dead Whirlibird.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom raises a good point. The nature of viruses is that they mutate,and so each incidence of replication and spreading to a new host increases the chance of it mutating to an airborne variety. Sort of like the more times you roll the dice the odds of hitting your number increase.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The other problem is there are not many that can read there. Not very good news ether.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.