Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

And to think they’ve had months to prepare what the response would be. With 100% certainty they knew ebola would get here sooner or later. They didn’t know where or what the circumstances but right now the CDC, FEMA, the pertinent State Agencies etc have only a single case to focus on and they can’t seem to get their act together. Having managed operational, production, and financial functions for 40 years, the problem is nobody is tending the details. They’ve only got the big picture plans such as “we’ll quarantine close contacts” without peeling away the subsequent layers such as “how will the quarantined people get food?”, “how do we decontaminate areas”? How do we dispose of waste materials?” etc etc. The devil is always in the details, and with months to develop detailed plans, they failed to do so. This is how pandemics spread.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is how things don’t work and you get bad results. In 10 more days his first contacts will start getting sick, then we will start to see where he made contacts.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I am beginning to be very happy that I live a long ways away and bought hazmat suits/new mask canisters.

This is very scary.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Mountain Biker – Dallas channel 5 earlier showed the apartment where the guy was staying. The folks inside are basically on lock down. Food is being brought to them and trash/waste is being taken away. Not a job for me!
    Robin

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

They have already been caught sneaking out. The girlfriend is still sleeping on the sheets he sweated on.

Now, the hospital turned him away, and he was on the loose for four days. The five kids attend four schools. He was showing symptoms before getting on the plane. He changed planes three times. Just how many people did he have contact with? CDC is lying on this one. They dropped the ball, and people will die because of it.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

My question is, are they really that incompetent? Or is this deliberate?? Either way, this is not good at all.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is not like the movie version where 100 Guys in full PPE show up and quarintine the entire building, then herd the occupants into vans for transport to a secure location. This is the real version where everything is bungled up. The people in charge probably couldn’t figure out how to operate the copier in the office, now suddenly they have real responsibilities and they can’t come up with solutions that work.

Wow talk about how things are going to fail when people won’t show up for work. The authorities can’t find anyone willing to clean up the apartment. Just wait until this spreads a little, no one will go to work.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Survivalist
    member4

Subscribing this thread to watch developments and their international implications.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Robin wrote:</div>Mountain Biker – Dallas channel 5 earlier showed the apartment where the guy was staying. The folks inside are basically on lock down. Food is being brought to them and trash/waste is being taken away. Not a job for me!<br>
    Robin

Not a job for me either, but these actions were delayed in getting started because it hadn’t occurred to them yet that this level of detail had to be tended. Assuming they were just using water, those guys cleaning the sidewalks were just spreading the virus around.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Just wait until this spreads a little, no one will go to work.

Behind the scenes this is surely their biggest concern. If too many people shelter in place the economy grinds to a halt, as would the supporting infrastructure.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Now there is a story of an American journalist who is in Liberia and has contracted Ebola. Guess what, he is being sent back to the US for treatment!!!! I cannot wrap my head around what these people are thinking. WHY IN THE HECK WOULD YOU BRING AN ACTIVE CASE BACK TO THE US? I guess we now know why FEMA has the millions of multi person body bags. They have seen this coming and they are prepared. Was it on purpose? Who knows.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

From the State Fair of Texas: “Big Tex” is a huge statue at the front gates of the fair.
    Robin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I just saw this article. It raised some questions with me about how this all played out.

1) He is from Liberia and carried a lady that was obviously sick. In ebola outbreak area and physically coming in contact with someone that is seriously ill…. Maybe they have ebola, right? So he obviously knew he was going to be getting sick.
    2) He was unemployed and had just received his visa to come to the US. He did not return to work and told people that he had no intentions of coming back to work.
    3) He lied on his Liberian exit questionaire about coming in contact with anyone that was sick.
    4) He is now an unemployed person that has cut ties with this former country. He has no intentions of leaving as his visa dictates.
    5) He and his US family are all racking up a huge bill and he has no means to pay it nor can we go after him to pay it. This means that WE will have to pay the bill…….

Yea… I’m happy………

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.