Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

I have good friends in Texas, and am due to go there in 2 months too teach.. Have scheduled calls first thing tomorrow with my friends to talk through local options and am thinking on my plans but absolutely DO NOT like how this is playing out at all… Won’t go into detail here, but am now watching this attentively, but also keeping dialogue with friends in Iran and Iraq Re. ISIS, because while we need to look at the ‘left hand’ we also need to keep an eye on the ‘right hand also’… It seems many things are happening in 2014…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Fox News just reported that Dallas has quarantined the apartment building and everyone in it. They also said that some of the kids that live there did go to school so were does that leave us?

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Robin they are not telling us the truth. They keep telling everyone that Ebola is not easy to get so why are they wearing full protection gear?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Fox News just reported that Dallas has quarantined the apartment building and everyone in it. They also said that some of the kids that live there did go to school so were does that leave us?

You want the unedited answer?

Or the creek and paddle comment?

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Yes Robin they are not telling us the truth. They keep telling everyone that Ebola is not easy to get so why are they wearing full protection gear?

Watch what they do, not what they say. I would like to see the head honchos from the CDC treat ebola patients themselves, and then we’ll see what they really think the risk is.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Now it is 8 children taken out from the school, just reported!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Why does Glenn think Ebola is the “ultimate weapon”?

I have to agree with Glenn on this! Ebola can be turned into a bio weapon that will kill as many as an EMP attack.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/10/02/why-does-glenn-think-ebola-is-the-ultimate-weapon/

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

In Glenn’s case I think he mostly likes to hear the sound of his own voice. If any highly lethal disease is turned into a bioweapon it would have devastating effect. Ebola is just the most recent virus offering up potential towards that possibility. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if ISIS or others started trying to purposely spread it throughout the developed world using the equivalent of “suicide bombers” but that remains speculation for now.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Mmmm? ” Skin absorption can occur from occupational, environmental, or consumer skin exposure to chemicals, cosmetics, or pharmaceutical products. Some chemicals can be absorbed in enough quantity to cause detrimental systemic effects.” … ” Though small amounts of chemicals may enter the body rapidly through the glands or hair follicles, they are primarily absorbed through the epidermis. Chemicals must pass through the seven cell layers of epidermis before entering the dermis where they can enter the blood stream or lymph and circulate to other areas of the body. Toxins and toxicants can move through the layers by passive diffusion”
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_(skin) )

http://www.naturalhealthcarestore.com/researchskinabsorbs.htm

Just a thought

Diarrhea; Vomiting – Can your skin absorb a virus simply by touching the guy next to you on a plane

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard,
    Entrance through the skin by the virus is not such a big problem. Eyes, nose, mouth are because they are wet and have direct routes into the blood stream. An open wound on your hand would be a problem.

Here’s the thing about this virus. The CDC keeps telling us it’s not airborne but it is in body fluids….like saliva. So every time an infected patient breaths out droplets of saliva and moisture escape. We all see this every winter when we breath and there is condensed moisture coming out of your mouth like fog. The virus is contained in the droplets. The virus doesn’t spread in the air like mushroom spores, it travels in droplets. So if you are on an airplane and someone has Ebola, every time they breath out ebola is ejected into the air. It is airborne.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, that’s a great way of putting it. The extent to which you can see your breath in cold weather is where an infected person would be potentially spreading the virus. Pretty much anyone in close physical proximity to you, especially if they are breathing hard. CDC’s non-airborne argument is a technical one which they don’t explain to the public. In their world airborne is going to be just floating around in the air like spores. I wonder what the viral load is in exhaled breaths relative to other bodily fluids.

What comes to mind are the cultural norms for personal space. Americans tend to want more space than certain other cultures. I had a Puerto Rican friend at work and was forever backing away from her because her norm was only about half what most Americans find comfortable. Those cultures that go for very little personal space will be at greater risk.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Yip, I try to distance myself using a trolley behind me instead of front while paying at a till point in shopping centers… Nopersonalspace this side

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

For normal breathing air volocities I believe at least 8” is the radius to maintain. 6′ is the distance droplets can travel. Someone coughing is different, more like 20 feet.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The level of incompetence being displayed by health officials would be astounding if I didn’t already know how bad things really are in our government.

This link goes to pictures of the cleanup.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3210564/posts

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.