Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I still do not understand what or why all the governments of the world are not sending tons of medical supplies to them. Why? They are running out of supplies! Do they want the Ebola to get out of control.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/28/ebola-clinics-fill-up-as-death-toll-hits-3000/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Several reasons.

If they send too much to Africa, what is to be used at home?

Its Africa, no one really cares. Sad to say but true.
    And bluntly, the disease is doing nothing that they don’t do themselves, just faster. Centuries of genocide, slavery, torture all make people numb to Africa.

With all respect to our resident Saffers, for most people, Africa could fall off the map and few would ever notice. Its a black hole, nothing good ever comes out of there, at least in the news.
    Conflict, strife, disease, starvation, I wonder what the Kardashians are doing tonite.

Until the disease hits home, its just Africa.

Remember, TIA.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Whirl everyone would notice because of oil and resource price hikes. What would stop them from taking over if population died of plague? Politically correct, convenient, just like in great depression and in Bolshevik revolution every good dictator knows if you die of natural causes its not you killing them it is “natural” just like starving to death no one points finger when that happens.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

What Whirlibird says is what it is, no one cares about Africa till it goes over to Europe or the U. S.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>namelus wrote:</div>Whirl everyone would notice because of oil and resource price hikes. What would stop them from taking over if population died of plague? Politically correct, convenient, just like in great depression and in Bolshevik revolution every good dictator knows if you die of natural causes its not you killing them it is “natural” just like starving to death no one points finger when that happens.

Who’s gonna take over? The chinese have already got SA and Zim sewn up, stripping everything that ain’t literally nailed down. They are already in control there.
    The population dies off, it increases their profits, no graft.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

good place to put a population that has run out of water http://www.maxkeiser.com/2011/01/china-is-running-out-of-water-it-is-not-short-of-water-it-is-running-out-of-water/ they need farm land africa is some of the best farm land… just new productive farmers.

for now they have to pay, when no one left to claim…. maybe learn from the usa and canada put them on to a “reserve” for their own good, since it worked so well here,

No one cares we have our own troubles because the banks, hard to care about your neighbor troubles when you are going to lose your home after you lost your job. You get another job at 50+% off last pay scale, yeah you really care about sending money to africa AGAIN how many bail outs?

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

In honesty ive been adding an extra zero to the death toll. The witnesses fleeing africa have been saying bodys in the streets and riots etc. So 3k is a low number if you ask me.

As for not helping fight the epidemic, they (the rich) probably view it as a positive thing in regards to world population size.

Its really only a matter of time before it mutates at this rate of growth.

If you want an idea of what the growth rate really is, youtube search “the most important video you will ever watch”.

The video explains the exponential function, and you can do the math for yourself, its actually really easy, you could do it on a cocktail napkin.

I read this last week they (white coats) are predicting 100,000 to 360,000 cases in africa by december. At that rate it could be 500 million by december of next year.

In my armchair opinion, they cant stop it at this point even if they wanted to. Best we could do is throw up some speed bumps, even military quarantine at this point would only slow it.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree with KOS on adding another zero to any of their numbers, and with all who have noted that the world cares little for what happens to Africa. It is a chaotic continent without light at the end of the tunnel, but it does have resources that some do want. I’m not saying it is right or fair but actions speak louder than words and Africa’s needs has not been high on the world’s priority list.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The fact that Doctors are dying should be a major indicator of problems ahead. These are not uninformed people.

“Liberia’s chief medical authority has placed herself in quarantine following the Ebola death of her deputy, health officials and humanitarian sources said on Sunday.”

http://news.yahoo.com/liberias-top-doctor-under-ebola-quarantine-deputy-dead-142744318.html

“Healthcare workers, already in very short supply, have paid an especially heavy price, with 211 dead”

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>The fact that Doctors are dying should be a major indicator of problems ahead. These are not uninformed people.

Yes, this is a huge indicator that the current ebola is something much worse than we have seen in recent history.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Or its a sign that the ‘norm’, of washing your hands between seeing patients and not gloving up doesn’t work.

Hospitals are normally hotbeds of viruses and microbes.
    Now add something highly infectious and contagious and what do you get?

Most hospital workers including doctors are worse than cops when it comes to touching things. I have watched er personnel put their bare hands on things I double gloved and wore a mask to just be around.

Famous words spoken in one er:
    No I am not uncuffing him, no I ain’t touching that, I know what he has just like you do.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Treating Ebola patients is not like caring for other patients. It is grueling work. The personal protective equipment (PPE) we wore in the Ebola Treatment Unit becomes excruciatingly hot, with temperatures inside the suit reaching up to 115 degrees. It cannot be worn for more than an hour and a half. Because of the elaborate safety protocols involved in treating an Ebola patient, each one takes an average of 30 minutes of time from a team of three to five people. It is easy to see that a significant influx of medical personnel will be needed to adequately care for the thousands of people that epidemiologists now are predicting will fall victim to the disease in the coming weeks”. Dr Kent Brantly

These doctors are not touching patients bare handed. They are suited up with the best PPE in existance.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It is hard work to treat these patients. The heat in Africa at 115 degrees makes the job very hard.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.