Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Interesting article, I do not think this will happen fast but will take 100’s of years. The magnetic north has moved but not by a large amount. But it is moving and it may move faster in the future. This is another reason why there maybe some small changes in warming in some areas and cooling in other areas.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/10/21/earth-magnetic-field-could-flip-in-our-lifetime/?intcmp=features

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I truly believe this will happen in my lifetime…and I think it will be how God gives humans on this earth one last chance to learn to accept one another and learn to live in peace. All of the other possible SHTF scenarios that may, actually, occur….will be as nothing if this does truly take place. Minds can not conceive of many things. Even ‘preppers’ scoff and neglect to consider this very real possibility. Each to their own way of thinking. When I am outside sometimes,…doing some simple, routine chore…the ‘feelings; I get just tell me (of course IMHO and yes, I may be a crackpot- time will tell will it not)…that Mother Nature WILL ‘have the final say’. She is, after all, on the right hand of ‘whomever created the universe’…and has her own schedule to keep. We humans forget we are hardly omnipotent. We are, indubitably, totally lacking in respect (insulated as we have tried to make ourselves) from the power, the force and the will this great force. We have NOT seen her true power. Even the possibility of that thought should make any prudent man tremble.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, I think so too! Remember it all depends if it is slow or fast. If it is slow which is what happen the last time by all records then there will be many changes and many will die from this. But if it happens fast then the oceans will take many areas and volcanoes all over the Earth will erupt including Yellow Stone. There will be earthquakes all over the Earth too, not many will make it though a fast flip of the Earth. We just do not know how fast or slow this will happen.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Free – IMHO – this IS going to happen – sooner than later. The effect will be so: take a tea cup. Put water in it up to -let’s say – a 1/4″ of the top of the cup.Hold it. Now. Jus (imagining the equivalent LEAST scenario) – even gently, gently. gently make a motion to your right or left. ..WATCH the water slosh. Imagine, (times magnitude) if/when this happens. Imagine even a small ‘shift’ affecting the waters of the mighty Atlantic. Sloshes up against one continent and then, eventually, up against another, until……………..all is still. Can you or I imagine the havoc created by the surge into geographical features (valleys, existing river/streams) …I can’t bring myself to say more because I know it is useless, and Nature’s power/evidence/outcome is for may…not real.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I know it is possible and that it would be beyond any doomsday I have contemplated but I put it in the category of that which I can’t do much about about, especially when I can’t predict how it would affect where I live. Its takes all the energy I have to focus on the threats that I can do something about.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

When I first heard about this, it brought to mind this violent flip, like the word.

I have no idea what will happen as far as catastrophic events, but I do know that the field slowly changes north to south, south to north. There is no violent flipping involved, little pieces of the north start changing, and little pieces of the south start changing, and it spreads out on both sides until they are the opposite they once where.

Should be interesting if it does happen in my lifetime. I am especially interested to see what kind of psychological effects it will have on people. Our brains are cool little low charge electrical devices.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

MB – in my opinion, you have (knowingly or not) positioned yourself well. Look at topo maps and imagine where a sudden (even small) influx of water fm the Atlantic would occur. I think, and my opinion i know is worth next to nothing,..but nonetheless…you are in a relatively safe place from MN’s waters. You can only do what you can do. Totally agree.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

tweva, I live in VT, not MN, but even then I can’t fathom the North Atlantic making its way that far inland and over that many mountains to get to me. Not much I can do about it if it did.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

600 miles is not nothing. Plus another story about cosmic rays impacting more because the sun is less active. The leaves look to be still at peak in Ottawa. They’re already dropping fast here in the central ny area.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>tweva, I live in VT, not MN, but even then I can’t fathom the North Atlantic making its way that far inland and over that many mountains to get to me. Not much I can do about it if it did.

Lake Ontario if it did a bit of sloshing around could but then it would probably take out the low ground between the catskills and adirondacks on its way to Albany and Nyc. Maybe some massive type event could send water up the Hudson River and backflow the St. Lawrence seaway. The top of the hills where I am are 2000 ft range but I wouldn’t guarantee that I would be safe. I could imagine a 1000/1500 foot tsunami from a mid atlantic ridge slip fault hitting the coast from Canada to NJ. That would be spectacular destruction. 5000 feet high asteroid water impact and we’re all goners on the east coast. LOLTEOTW

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

KOS great point on the psychological aspect. My wife is a psychotherapist, and she talks about full moon days. She doesn’t need to look to the sky, all she has to do is listen to her patients. Stress levels go up, issues become magnified, and anxiety goes through the roof.

I am going to ask her tonight what she thinks of people reacting to a polar shift.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

MountainBiker, sorry for confusion. I know you live in VT. The ‘MN’ meant Mother Nature

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Forget about the Oceans and start thinking about what it will do to all the volcanoes deep inside the Earth. Lava moves just like water. Will this have Yellow Stone erupt and send us into a ice age? This can happen even if the flip is slow.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Of all our problems this is without question the one that I cannot be concerned about. Just let her rip baby, you’re either going to adapt or die.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.