Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I like there last sentence in this article “As for you: the advice from the government is to prepare yourself for a solar event just as you would for any other natural hazards like floods and storms.” WHAT!! If there is a solar flare this large we will be without electricity for more then a year. You need to have one to two years of food, a good water source with a good filter system. That is just the beginning of all you will need. A lot of guns and ammo too!

Earth Will Only Have 12 Hours To Prepare For Massive Solar Storm

http://news.yahoo.com/earth-will-only-have-12-hours-to-prepare-for-081651736.html

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Mon 4pm clear blue sky we lost power for an hour in ny. A fairly big area of up ny was affected. There was no explanation whatsoever. Chi hackers, grid problem, big power line down. Not knowing if the electric will come back on in a day week or never makes a difference.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

“As for you: the advice from the government is to prepare yourself for a solar event just as you would for any other natural hazards like floods and storms.” – See more at: http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/earth-will-only-have-12-hours-to-prepare-for-massive-solar-storm/#post-42796
    The absurdity of govt. emergency planners knows no bounds. Yet, most will heed that advice, if they elect to do anything at all. I read a lot of the responses and some had good useful info.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“The absurdity of govt. emergency planners knows no bounds.”

Likewise their hypocrisy. They buy (“your tax $$ at work”) radio PSAs, advising you to set aside food, water, meds, to prepare for disasters, then call you a potential enemy of the government if you do. I think they don’t really mean their advice — just their condemnation.

Oh, well! If you see something, say something. i just did.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Frankly I find it amazing that our government admits CME could be a problem. They certainly will not tell the public 90% of the population is going to die.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

They like to keep that option open 74. In this article they are telling us to prepare like a natural hazards like floods and storms. What they do not tell us is that a cyber attack can destroy the internet for a year or two before the internet is repaired. Yes 90% will die.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“[The government] certainly will not tell the public 90% of the population is going to die.”

Why would they want to “scare the game” and ruin the hunt? From what I’ve seen, they’d be overjoyed if the Sun would just do for them, gratis, what they’ve been planning all along, and would otherwise have to strain to accomplish, at some personal risk. Of course, some of the minions are reading the numbers, and screaming for grid/net protection. But those who make the long range plans and decisions are expecting adequate warning (for themselves), and they say, “Nyet!”

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

LT, Probably true, another reason for each gov agency to purchase ammo in the millions of rounds explained. Prepping for the big one.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Frankly I find it amazing that our government admits CME could be a problem. They certainly will not tell the public 90% of the population is going to die

Agree.
    They do not have anything smart to say, point is that great majority of population going to follow their advice not even researching what that event in reality means.
    There is no government on the world ready for some events.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.