Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If you plan to bug out or make improvements in your location before the emergency event happens this is a good article.

http://guerrillamerica.com/2014/07/identifying-shtf-indicators/

“How can we tell an emergency event is going to happen before it happens? What can we look for? Those are very good questions but they’re not easily answered. We’ll work on breaking it down here. I want each of you to have a way forward to start developing your own Early Warning Indicators (EWI) for whatever threats you may be expecting”

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks for that 74. But I think, when all is said and done I am going to have to listen to my gut/intuition. Of course, I don’t intend to have to bug out of the farm immediately (barring a natural disaster of some sort). And operate with a sense of urgency best I may in making improvements in plans etc. When and what will set ‘something’ off – who the hell knows. You could drive yourself crazy that way analyzing every thing. I gave that up. I just get up, and keep moving forward and ‘listen’ inwardly if that makes sense.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I found the article very interesting. I always try to be observant to what is going on around me. However, this certainly gives more structure to the observations. Keep preaching situational awareness to my family, but it falls on mostly deaf ears. They young adults mostly roll their eyes and tell me I am paranoid. I will keep my eyes open and hope they will listen when the time comes. Starting to get some converts but still have a way to go.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    I think that those of us that are buggin in have an advantage. I will even need to wait to implement certain security measures until knowing there are no other choices.

People bugging out need advance warnings or they will end up somewhere other than the intended location.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Not bad article. I am trying to keep “ear on the ground”, with what I saw in my past I am hoping that I will reckognize trouble right on time.

I agree that we who are planning to bug out need extra time, and extra effort to recognize trouble in right moment.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco,
    I guessing that lots of preppers will miss the right time to go. As you have said before, the government and media will be saying everything is ok. Then the SHTF and it’s to late for an easy exit.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

74 – Yes, I know that those that must leave where they are could benefit greatly by having some means to ‘know’ when to leave. But isn’t it always a crap shoot? You leave to ‘early’ and you doubt yourself. You leave when you think this is it, bite the bullet and go…and maybe are too late…or maybe it works out. Personally, I decided a few years ago I just couldn’t live with the ‘wait to bug out somewhere and hope I time it well’ idea and made HUGE changes in my life accordingly. Change is always hard. But SHTF or no – I am glad I did. I am far happier now. Should have done it, looking back, long ago.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    In effect you bugged-out way early. When you can make change work it’s great. If you have a few detractors in the process it can really make it hard.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

And detractors I did have, multiples…and yes it was a big process….and it, indubitably was hard. And, for a few years afterwards as well. I know not everyone is comfortable, or feels able to do it…I put up lots of roadblocks to it my own self, multiple times throughout. For me, it ended up having to have a hard talk with my self about a lot of things. The strength of my convictions being the starting point.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“The strength of my convictions being the starting point” Tweva, Ha girl guess the outcome was a foregone conclusion, but you didn’t know it when you started! (mean that in a good way).

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yeppers, that’s true 74. The biggest part of the ‘talk’ with myself was facing , and realizing, to me,lots of false values I held and allowed to conspire to direct my life. Gosh, who the he** knew! The hardest part, truly, was examining and often ending, long-term relationships that really weren’t as strong nor as healthy, as I had really believed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great article. My plans are to stay where I am. Thanks 74. Prepare, plan, prepare some more and plan some more. Roadracer I still have the same problems as you, wife doesn’t hear me when it comes to prepping just says that is your job. So deaf ears is what I get all the time.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hmm common persistent problems.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes it is! Son is on board. Wife is tooo bizzy!

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

We decided a long time ago not to get stressed over this. It will be difficult to ascertain the “right time” and can only lead to stress and discord between us. Our decision was to be as ready as we could be, not knowing what or even when there would be a crisis. Her we are, and here we will stay.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.