Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I have a friend that’s involved in the DIY drone community. I’m tinkering around with use while in Alaska. This got me to thinking about possibilities in using drone (or unmanned aerial vehicle UAV) in SHTF conditions. Costs are coming down and I’m already seeing how handy they are to get a birds-eye-view of what’s happening on the ground. Here’s some links of you’re interested in learning more.

DIY Drone community http://diydrones.com/

Bird’s eye view: Six beautiful destinations filmed using drones

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

There’s a lot of gear and supplies I’d get long before a drone.
    Pretty much everything else.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

My son and I like tinkering with fun gadgets. In summer trip to Alaska we’re going to definitely have some fun with it.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Considering its not illegal for a private citizen to own a drone , similar to what the cops and military have , it just takes money . Given that , too bad there are no patriotic ultra rich , would be interesting to have a privately owned fleet of ” Red Baron ” drones , for the sole purpose of shooting down other drones used by the enemy of the people .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

There might be, Tolik. I’d doubt they’d want it well known that they are lol.

The technology an know how is out there, wouldn’t take a whole lot to build one out of scrap materials.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Most of them are pusher props arn’t they ?  that leaves the whole front  end as a gun platform , and signal jamming electronics .

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Tolik, Mr Red, creative ideas. My playing around with UAV on rural ‘recon’ missions it’s a handy gadget to have ‘eyes-in-the-sky.’ I’m going to use one next trip to Alaska and it’s pretty easy to stay legal doing it.  Best to stay safe and legal. Not draw unwanted attention. I’m sticking with rural applications.

The US Government Is Trying to Fine a Drone Hobbyist for the First Time Ever

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

LOL , then when you land the thing , paint little swastika kill flags on the side , like the WW2 fighters did for each plane they shot down .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree with Mr. Red on that there maybe some that have develop them and no one knows.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I like the idea of some form of drone. As I mentioned in another thread about balloons, having the ability to see what’s out in the space without putting your people there then you have a huge advantage against a potential adversary who lacks the technological prowess.

If I can have any combat multiplier, I’m going to take it when I can. RC planes, or balloons, or these newer open source drones, all can be used by the prepper/citizen defender to keep them an their people alive.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Red,

I can’t help but think of the times I followed a bee back to the hive, so I could destroy the hive.

Just sayin

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yep 1974. If a drone were to fly over my property and was within range I would shoot the freaking thing down in 2 seconds flat. There is a rich, ‘city’ guy that keeps his plane on his big farm – moved here a couple of years ago. Little f’er started flying really low, basically buzzing people’s places also scaring the crap out of the livestock on weekends in the early evening when he was out here. Some of the long-time ‘mayors’ (one lives two farms out) told everyone that was complaining not to worry, they’d handle it….heard lots of gunfire that night from all about – hasn’t happened since.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

LOL , its fun being an ******* ……………………until people start shooting at you .

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Alaska should be fun place to play around with the technology back in the bush country. See some areas and wildlife that are fairly inaccessible. The UAV not noisy at all. Take some pictures / video etc.

SharpDog
    SharpDog
    Survivalist
    member3

I have two ‘devices’ that serve as early warning.  They are intelligent and can operate autonomously so that they can warn me even if I’m sleeping.  they’re self-transporting … which is good because at 50 Kg each they would be a pack-load.  They’re also capable of limited self-defense.  In addition, they run on completely organic fuel:

Big Bears Don't Tree

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.