Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This has been quiet for a while but it didn’t go away. The outbreak is still an African problem for now.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/26/health/ebola-outbreak-west-africa/

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

My daughter the nurse is headed to Senegal in November. I mentioned my concern about the outbreak in Africa and she told me it was up to God. She is to be a part of Missionary Outreach but in that part of the world that is frowned on so they going as doctors and nurses.
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, Ebola again. This outbreak is still in Africa but it is only a matter of time before it gets to Europe or The U. S.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

There are only two real options, completely cut off africa from the rest of the world and wait til it burns out.

Or

Take africa over completely and shut everything and everyone down until it is contained and retain control so they can’t destroy themselves or the countries.

Since neither option would be adopted, and anything else is just a bandaid, the only other option is shut our borders and sit back with a big bowl of popcorn.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

We saw with the H1N1 pandemic a couple years back that there will not be any substantive action to stop or even slow the spread of a deadly communicable disease. There are too many powerful economic interests at stake. Closing airports and schools for example would significantly slow the progression and reduce the number of deaths in such a situation but it comes at a price that TPTB aren’t will to pay. Bear in mind that with the US population rising by about 1% a year, that’s an increase of 8 – 9,000 people every single day. The Titans of Wall Street & DC aren’t going to flinch at losing a few days worth of population increase if the alternative is a major economic hit to their interests.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

More news on the Ebola virus. http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/06/30/could-ebola-spread-to-united-states/?intcmp=features

This news doesn’t talk about the Ebola virus becoming airborne like the FLU virus.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

In today world it is simply impossible to beat some serious pandemic, it is impossible to do it by cutting down some part of the world or country, or trying to be cut off from everybody else.

In theory it may be possible, but way how world “works” today make decision to “cut off” very hard, and even when that decision gonna be make, it is gonna be to late to sustain anything.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The talking heads are only considering benign carrier’s or I should say individuals with no malicious intent. It would not be difficult to imagine what would ocurr if suicide bombers turned into bio-bombs. Tom Clancy wrote about this senerio years ago.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I’m with Whirl on this one..

Quarantine. Let it burn itself out. If they refuse to self-quarantine, then shut it down from this end and grab the popcorn.

Thing is, those folks eat this nasty stuff called “bush meat”. Not because they have to, but because it’s considered a delicacy… bats, rats, monkeys, stuff like that… stuff you wouldn’t eat on a dare or if you were starving. As long as the mail is running, I doubt we’ll ever get a lock on crud coming out of Africa… those already here have their relatives mail that filth to them here in the States. The Postal Service can’t catch it all.

Not being heartless. It’s just triage… they’re sick, we’re not. Inviting that filth into the States – or anywhere else – is nothing short of suicidal.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Selco does have a point…

Shutting down an entire country is difficult at best, impossible at worst…

100 years ago, anyone wanting to come into the US was checked over by a physician. If you looked sick, you went into isolation, where one of two things happened – 1. nothing, and then you were let in, or 2. you were really sick and you ended up dead.

During the Black Death, cargo ships coming to Italy were told to wait for a month. Again, either nothing happened and then you were let in, or everyone ended up dead and the boat was burned.

Of course, if we actually tried to stop illegal invaders or sickies from a certain country from getting into the US, the United Nations would probably crab and ***** about some bullshit made-up “human right” to go anywhere and infect everyone…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

It’s interesting that a lot of the major diseases come from that area. HIV seemed to have originated in “Lofa” as well.

Interesting insights in the recent Ebola outbreak (and the people who are in denial).

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Dr. Amara Jambai, Sierra Leone’s director of disease prevention and control, said at least 57 suspected and confirmed Ebola cases were “missing“, the victims having fled or gone into hiding.”

This is filling me with confidence.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

“Dr. Amara Jambai, Sierra Leone’s director of disease prevention and control, said at least 57 suspected and confirmed Ebola cases were “missing“, the victims having fled or gone into hiding.”

This is filling me with confidence.

Well… something to make you feel better… NOT. People are actually hiding Ebola patients… at least its now punishable (probably by death through Ebola for you and your family anyway).

Liberian president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf issued a stern statement Monday, warning citizens that anyone who will be caught hiding Ebola patients from authorized health workers will be prosecuted in accordance to Liberian law.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1328525/liberia-to-prosecute-people-hiding-ebola-patients/

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Of course, if we actually tried to stop illegal invaders or sickies from a certain country from getting into the US, the United Nations would probably crab and ***** about some bullshit made-up “human right” to go anywhere and infect everyone…

Yea, probably, but if it comes to that, to the stopping them to get into the country situation will be already so serious that actually nobody will give s..t what UN have to say, at that stage of situation I am quite positive that UN will not have power to do anything at all (if they even gonna exist at that moment).

When come to that moment it will be probably to late for anything,

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.