Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes they do own the rare earth deposits for electronics but they will have to hold them for a long time if there is a collapse. No buyers for the electronics. U. S. , Europe and maybe Japan all collapse I see China going back to hard core communism but many there will die and there will not be many buyers for there products.

China has always been afraid of a cheap dollar which would make all U. S. products very cheap to buy. This happens why would South Americans, Europeans, Central Americans, Canada, Europe and many other countries buy from China when they can buy the same products made in the U. S. for cheaper?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    If China has all the resources to make advanced weapon systems and we have none we are in for sh..t.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

They still do not have the advanced weapon systems we have, also one thing is to build a system and another thing is to use the system which we have. They do not even know if there system works.

There fighter planes and pilots also have no war experience at all. I would say that the Russians are better prepared and have been in many wars, they are in one right now. The Chinese have not been in a war for a long time, also remember what the Japanese did to them in WWII.

I just do not thing the Chinese are very good fighters.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The chinese are great at sending masses of men into danger, without regard for lives lost.

They are great at copying things at and with the cheapest means possible.

As for their technology, as most of it is stolen tech, one can guess at its effectiveness but with unskilled handlers, there are always mistakes to be expected.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just don’t think they are good fighters, now the Russians are. It is like Israel, they fight the Arabs anywhere and win. It is because they know how to fight a war. The U. S does to, if our back is against the wall the U. S will fight to win.

So Whirlibird you are right they know how to copy everything but you know how well they copy tools, they are cheap copies. The copies can’t stand up to the seem American made tool. I never buy a Chinese hand tool.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I remember about ten years ago I wanted to get into the business of sports clothing and I went to Mexico to some factories there to see what it would take to get into the business that I wanted to do. One of my biggest questions was to all of them was were else(countries) do you also sell to. Everyone told me the same story that the U. S. is the only country in the world that the consumer will buy a t-shirt or any shirt just because it is in today and then put it away and never to use it again.

They would tell me that all the rest of the countries together do not buy what the U. S. buys per year. That the people in the other countries buy a shirt to use it till it is not good anymore then and only then will they buy another shirt.

But the U. S. buys just because they liked it that day. So I learned that if I where to get into the business I would have to make it in the U. S..

So what am I getting at is China depends on selling to the U. S. but if the U. S. collapses it will have a very hard time because the rest of the world really doesn’t need them.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tweva wrote:</div>Fresh from the fields says silly little me…. and ‘WHAT THE F can YOU do about it? Seriously guys. Pontificate all you like///but you are tilting at windmills. Looking for signs of collapse in a mind set of fear? Watch China;if u<br>
    must. Yadda, yadda speculate endlessly. Sorry guys. My theory is stop wasting your time on the keyboard…and get to it.(practical, concrete action) ; of course each according to one’s beliefs/abiltie.!

Right back at the fear, endless discussion about the what if’s guys- right? Come on..watch, read less on the ‘tubes’ (old and new)…just f>ing get on with it.Think of what you could have accomplished in the time you have spent complaining or commenting on the ‘news of the day’. What serves your best interests/time? Stated with great fondness for all… Tweva

Tweva, I understand your frustration and admit I am most definitely a guilty party. I have indeed been spending too much time looking into what will happen and not enough time in preparing for whatever it is that might be thrown at us. It is not fear that motivates me to constantly watch the news of the day (though I can only speak for myself), but rather morbid fascination; curiosity. Just wanting to see what will happen next, I guess.

But once again I join your call back to the basics and away from speculation. I will be doing a quick review on a pair of basic radios I used this weekend and how they performed as a step in the right direction. I hope all of my fellow news addicts will join me there, or somewhere else!

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Who will feed China?

http://www.earth-policy.org/blog/who_will_feed_china

Think I will get the book.
    Robin

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I read the original Who Will Feed China back when it was first published. He clearly saw the problem coming. He is worth paying attention to.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

That is pretty frightening. The logic really holds together. Take over a billion people, move them into a higher level of prosperity, and you increase demand. Meanwhile our farms are being taken over by agribusinesses. One of the main reasons for war is expansion, to keep the engine of the economy running. More space, more places to grow what you need. Or if you are strong enough, you can just take it.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Exactly Roadracer. China needs land and resources. They’ve fouled their own nest badly and will soon enough just take what they need from others.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.