Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The market keeps give us signs that thing are not well. We will see what happen tomorrow.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2014/07/31/dow-plunges-300-points-wipes-out-2014-gains/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The Plunge Protection Team steps in.

The team consists of the Secretary of the Treasury, the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, the Chairman of the SEC and the Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

So they stepped in before it went down more?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Several times.

Do a search on the PPT name, you’ll see several ‘mysterious’ rallies that can only be attributed to them.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wow so this could have been a big fall of the stock market! I think they are trying to slow the fall as much as they can since if they let it fall it may collapse.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

That’s their job.
    Prevent the collapse.

As I recall, there was a 500-600 point drop some years back, suddenly there was a nearly 300 point jump thanks to a couple of mysterious buyers.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

It’s amazing how this market is moving. First we get all kinds of bad news about the economy in the first quarter and the market takes off.

Now we get a signal that the economy may be getting ready to take off and the market drops. I don’t believe Argentina is a causative factor. That had to have been built into the market projections prior to today.

Is it because the Fed is talking about raising interest rates? They had to know that was going to happen sooner or later.

Are they going to blame Israel for the war?

I agree they are going to try to soften the fall. My fear is that they are going to lose control and it’s going to be a hard fall. The mob mentality may take over. They don’t have too many bullets in the gun left to control the market.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Fresh from the fields says silly little me…. and ‘WHAT THE F can YOU do about it? Seriously guys. Pontificate all you like///but you are tilting at windmills. Looking for signs of collapse in a mind set of fear? Watch China;if u
    must. Yadda, yadda speculate endlessly. Sorry guys. My theory is stop wasting your time on the keyboard…and get to it.(practical, concrete action) ; of course each according to one’s beliefs/abiltie.!

Right back at the fear, endless discussion about the what if’s guys- right? Come on..watch, read less on the ‘tubes’ (old and new)…just f>ing get on with it.Think of what you could have accomplished in the time you have spent complaining or commenting on the ‘news of the day’. What serves your best interests/time? Stated with great fondness for all… Tweva

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    This is R&R when the body won’t go anymore.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

74 – Well understand about ‘body won’t go anymore’! Sorry you too know that truth. BUT, inspire, rally, support, encourage…all positive things for those younger than us.Take deep breaths, and if able, offer (even if u don’t ‘feel; qualified’) to ‘teach’/help/assuage others. I was asked to ‘teach’ a class on ‘basic sewing’. What does that mean I asked. (I am NOT a ‘domestic diva’ by any stretch..) ‘Sewing on buttons, what to do if zipper does not work’!!!!!!! I could rail at ‘common core’ and previous ‘educational initiatives’…but what is the point. These guys and girls felt a real enough need to know how to sew on a button I made $250 for 2 hours ‘work’. (I did NOT set the rate) Seriously. I felt badly, truly, but they were equally intent.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Well , not surprising , the conspiracy is to dump the dollar in favor of the chinese yuan . Yes China will be affected if the US economy collapses , but its acceptable pain for them if the new trade currency is their own .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This stock market is only held up by the billions being printed by the Fed.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Tomorrow ought to be interesting to see what happens.

And Tolik is correct, at least to my understanding of it. China would much rather have a tighter control over Asia and take a bit of a hit than to keep the U.S. chuggin’ along. The Chinese can absorb a substantial blow I think, whereas the U.S. cannot. Again, that’s the way I’ve come to understand it.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

The blow to China would be multifaceted, We are the largest consumer of there goods. When we go so goes the rest of the world.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Yes the rest of the world would feel the blow left by the collapse of the U.S., but many of those countries (the BRICS nations, for example) wouldn’t face such an epic collapse and crash as the U.S. would. They’re pretty much in line waiting for the U.S. to go down and grab up as much as they can in the power vacuum that would be left after such an event. To say that if the American economy were to collapse China would go with it, is rather foolhardy in my opinion. But, we won’t really know until it happens.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.