Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It looks like -300 points in the Dow is not news anymore. I think that the big reason the gas is going down so fast is a collapse in a world economy where the demand for energy is going down as China, India and many other countries are slowing down there productions.

http://quote.foxbusiness.com/symbol/i:dji/snapshot

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Perhaps because large as it seems it is only a 1.8% drop, which is a lot for a single day but even then it is still up 10% YTD, and even a 10% rise is pretty hard to justify given an ongoing deterioration of the economy.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The US economy is going to sleep. People don’t want to think about it anymore. The headline should read – Sold Out. Everything is a scam. Or to put it another way…. People have to really fight today to keep their heads above water while the ground is washing out from under their feet. Whats 300 ? Just a number less than a trillion.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

What I see is oil going way down but food prices still high. Also we will see Russia in a lot of problems with the oil prices going this low. China also looks like there economy has slowed down too. There maybe a world wide collapse in the coming year or two.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

freedom .. did you say a month or two. If we have civilization in one hand and economy in the other and we toss them off a tall building. Which one hits the ground first? We’ll soon find out.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

No I am saying one to two years.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I suspect we will see instability in the market in the near term. It will go up and down for a while longer, then some black swan event will drop it like a rock. A number of economists are looking at the first quarter of 2015 for the start of the slide, with the end coming in the fall.

It’s time to get your financial house in order.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer, you maybe right. I believe it maybe end of 2015 or beginning of 2016 and the collapse will mean NO ELECTIONS!! Martial law and try to take control of the people. But for sure will happen before Nov 2016.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Is the collapse in oil a black swan?
    it was a surprise
    its having a major effect
    its already being rationalized
    So … Y

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Martial law = civil war …………………there will be an election .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Why?
    Very simple.

Look back into history, the banks back in the 30’s had issues, people heard there were runs on the bank and that created runs on the banks where they hadn’t existed before.

People are stupid.
    Given the right stimulus, they’ll burn down their own towns.
    Ferguson,
    Overtown……

They don’t panic, the people won’t panic,

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>Why?<br>
    Very simple.

Look back into history, the banks back in the 30′s had issues, people heard there were runs on the bank and that created runs on the banks where they hadn’t existed before.

People are stupid.<br>
    Given the right stimulus, they’ll burn down their own towns.<br>
    Ferguson,<br>
    Overtown……

They don’t panic, the people won’t panic,

Its really creative destruction. 18 trillion unaccountably down the tube. Who can keep track of such enormous sums. A trillion here a trillion there. People should panic (computer hackers just crushed Sony). But in the big depression of the 30s they either walked away from their tools or joined the lines at the soup kitchen. And others got out of the cities and survived growing their own food and kept what money they had in cash. We got a lot more stupid people today, the breeding program has been a hugh suckcess.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

That’s why this latest spending bill sucks. The conservatives hate it, the liberals hate it, and we are the ones getting screwed. If the banks get bailed out for their derivative losses, we are going down and going down hard. Meanwhile BO’s amnesty plan is fully funded. There is a total lack of leadership in the government. I wonder is there anyone left in Washington that will do something because it is right for the country.

Teddy Roosevelt broke up the trusts and monopolies while he was President. Does anyone think a person wanting to do the same thing to the “to big to fail” banks would have a chance of being nominated, let alone elected?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer, I think all in Washington know what is coming down the road and are just holding the economy for as long as possible. There is no way for us to bailout the banks on the derivatives, read this article( $710 trillion: that’s a lot of exposure to derivatives http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-12/kohler-controlling-derivatives/5515666 )

The National debt is $18 Trillion and we think that is big! The derivative debt is $710 Trillion. This means that when we elect someone to Washington they really do not know everything till they sit down with the rest of them in Washington and told the truth that all they can do is delay what is coming since there is no way to pay for it. The Bankers are the real criminals.

Profile photo of foodforthought
    foodforthought
    Survivalist
    member2

Dang, freedom. That’s not a debt; THIS is a debt. (And just as deadly as that knife joke)

I agree about DC knowing what’s coming. I’ve talked to insiders who were sure it was coming last year, so I definitely conclude that things are being “propped up” for the time being.
    I don’t quite understand Q.E. or what it will mean when the Fed stops doing that entirely. But regardless, with unemployment, taxation/regulation, and a destructive foreign policy (foreign aid, open borders, etc), I don’t see how the economy can recover.

How will a collapse happen? How will hyperinflation take effect? They won’t announce it on the news, so Im wondering what the progression will be.

upward and onward

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.