Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is saying this is a safety feature that we need.

“For example,” says the technical report, “when a DSRC unit sends out a BSM, the BSM needs to: Contain the relevant elements and describe them accurately (e.g., vehicle speed; GPS position; vehicle heading; DSRC message ID, etc.).”

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/dot-proposes-mandating-cars-broadcast-location-direction-and-speed

The system will not collect or store any data identifying individuals or individual vehicles, nor will it enable the government to do so.”

“There is no data in the safety messages exchanged by vehicles or collected by the V2V system that could be used by law enforcement or private entities to personally identify a speeding or erratic driver,” the report said. “The system — operated by private entities — will not enable tracking through space and time of vehicles linked to specific owners or drivers.”

“Our research to date suggests that drivers may be concerned about the possibility that the government or a private entity could use V2V communications to track their daily activities and whereabouts,” said the report. “However, as designed, NHTSA is confident that the V2V system both achieves the agency’s safety goals and protects consumer privacy appropriately.”

Does anyone believe that this would not be abused by the government? Oh I have a cell phone what does it matter.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

It’s not about how many ways they can track you. It is just a test to see if anyone will complain. I honestly believe it is already in place Iin all the new cars with navagation systems. They are just wanting to make it law now. They don’t like the fact if you do something they don’t like you can throw your cellphone out the window and they can’t track you.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Every new car does have a black box and records all this data. I’m not sure they can transmit data though.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I don’t know if they can transmit right now or not. I guess if they pass it and you get a speeding ticket in the mail you will know the lied about collecting personal information.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Between the computer data in your cars, the cell phone and all the traffic cameras that take images not only of the cars that violate but every car they know where you are going, where you have gone and all the time of day.

So if you own an old car or truck they still track you though your cell phone and the traffic cameras.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

“The system will not collect or store any data identifying individuals or individual vehicles, nor will it enable the government to do so.”

Just like:
    Social Security will only be available to those to contribute.
    The Firearms Owners Protection Act keeps you off a gun registry (ATF FTS system.. Uh-um)
    The ACA is not a new tax.
    They will not raise taxes for those making less than $250/year.
    Tax on tanning beds is not based upon skin color in any form or fashion.
    Global warming is a real thing caused by your SUV.
    They did not inhale……

Hmmmm….. I think I see a trend.

http://ageofdecadence.com

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I have a friend who has no mobile phone, no computer, no tablet, no internet, no GPS or anything other than a copper wire fixed line telephone at home. He watches TV or DVDs but no streaming stuff, and certainly doesn’t go online and tell anyone what he thinks about anything. He also managed to prevent the power company installing a smart meter.

Sometimes I wonder if he might have been smarter than me.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Here I sit with a cell phone, Apple TV, and high speed internet. I drive a 2012 vehicle, and have a GPS unit. Boy, am I in trouble.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer,
    When they need your liver for a transplant they will not have trouble finding you.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Heh….

I’m not going to HELP them screw me over… my truck is almost as old as I am. I have a burn phone with some minutes on it. I usually remove the battery when out and about. Don’t own a GPS. I use maps and a compass. Don’t stream anything.

I do haunt other sites, but since I’m a vet, they already know who I am. What I think doesn’t matter much at this point.

Still… not gonna help them. At all.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

On this new V2V system, absolutely the govt. will find a way to get, retain, and use the data. Those who claim differently have lost all credibility. Too much water has already gone over that dam.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree, the government has lied to much to trust them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.