Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I have friend who walked with his dog one evening. Then he noticed some 50 meters away two guys arguing very loud. Minute or two later one of the guys hit other few times, push him on the ground and start to kick him while he is down.

My friend run there and pull away guy who was kicking with the words like ” OK, guys just stop it!”
    Guy pushed him, and my friend fell, hit the roadside with his head and lost conciseness.
    Skull fracture and brain trauma, he had several surgeries after that, he learned to walk again, to talk, and things like that, but he never learned that well again.

He needs professional help all the time to live life. Sometimes he do not recognizes members of his family, have seizures often etc.

Those two guys from the beginning of the story were drinking there, and when they sobered they could not even remember the reason for arguing and fight.

Now I am the strong advocate of “watching my own business” policy, so if two guys beat each other in front of me, I would go on the other side of the street. For some folks it is hard to do that.
    And I am not saying that I am better person then them, just I want to be there when my kids gonna need me.

Many times I saw similar situation during the SHTF event, in that time those folks sometimes get killed. Yes sometimes I helped other folks risking my own life, but I had luck.

It is just example, but question is, are you gonna watch your own business when SHTF?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I will only watch when I do not know them. I would have a problem if a man was hitting a woman but I would not get to close, maybe shot in the air to see if the man stops and have my gun pointed at him because he may have a gun.

If it is a very goo friend or family member yes I will stop it.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Oh definitely, watch my own business. But then, I also believe in the idea of karma! A child in danger however, I do think I would have a problem walking away.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

About two week ago, one night, my dog kept on barking outside. I got up and told him to be quiet. He normally listens, but after a minute he started again.
    Then we heard a woman scream. I told my brother, we do not get involved while opening the door. With my dog following us quietly, we went to the gate and saw a black man struggling with a black woman in the road. She kept on screaming and saying No and let me go. I immediately screamed at him – Hey! Let her go Now!. He immediately turned towards me.. I saw the glimpse of a long shiny object in the full moon.

My dog started barking. At about 3 meters he seems to notice my brother -hand very close to his hip -next to me. He stopped. By that time we where both behind the wall. I screamed at him that the police will be here soon. I caught a glimpse of her running and him following… Few seconds later we were back in the house. My brother said- let it go. It was quiet outside. That night laying in bed a thought about the shiny object in his hands … Was it a 9 mm or a knife.? Did she get away? And how stupid I was putting our lives in danger.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I think its important that you do as much as you can , especially these days , it isn’t the 1950’s anymore , people today will stab or shoot you , the idea of a fist fight has long past , do it full blast or not at all is todays theory . I do agree with Freedom when it comes to women , chivalry is not dead ………but the perp might be , as I take advantage of Arizona’s liberal gun carry laws and am armed at all times .

Kind of funny , my Russian sweety was dating me for over a year when she finally noticed that I was packin , she asked me how long I had been doing that , I told her for many years now ………..she said , I never knew you had a gun on you , I cant tell …………I told her that was the whole point , dont advertise . Interesting , most Europeans dont get it  or understand it , I have explained it to her several times , on many levels , she is starting to understand the 2nd amendment now  .

Profile photo of Kiwi25
    Kiwi25
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Selco,  Tho your English is part of your charm.. the correct term is “mind your own business”.  :-).  Just thought you would like to learn for future use.

While I have your attention.. I was going to ask if you thought that waste cooking oil was a useful thing to store.  The “fish and chip” shops throw out lots of it every week.  I suppose it could be used to make the primitive oil lamps you talk about.  In a SHTF time you might even use it to cook if you had no choice??

Cheers,  Kiwi

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Getting involved is highly dangerous, in the past, domestic disputes were the number one reason for cops to get injured.

Tolik I carry 99% of the time as well, but unless there is a definitive threat to life I can’t draw the weapon (under current law).  Selco is right on about minding you own business.

One day driving in a rough part of Philadelphia just as I entered an intersection, I heard a gun shot. Looking in my rear view mirror I see a guy holding a pistol over his head. I thought he was shooting into the sky. I keep driving and looking in the mirror at the same time as he runs into the street firing the pistol. He held the gun over his head and shot like shooting over a fence. He is shooting down the street to my left at a cop car. I just kept going, expecting cops to respond to the shooting.  Nothing happened,  no sirens,  no cop cars,  nothing at all. Just one old lady ducking as she walked toward the corner. The only thing I could have done would have been to get myself arrested.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Kiwi get  the oil and turn it into  bio diesel and soap. More useful.  For lamps i find alcohol ones burn cleaner and give better light. don’t want to  have every cat in neighborhood at your place.

if you want recipe let me know it is  not hard to do if you are patient and have basic math skills.Dont buy a “bio diesel” plant from guys online you can make from salvage  if so inclined.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi Selco, Tho your English is part of your charm.. the correct term is “mind your own business”. :-). Just thought you would like to learn for future use.

Thanks Kiwi, yea ,my English is kinda wrong sometimes :)
    Will edit.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Oh definitely, watch my own business. But then, I also believe in the idea of karma! A child in danger however, I do think I would have a problem walking away.

Pretty much the same here. No need to get into danger because some guys beat each other up. This can also quickly turn into all of them against you (if they are friends who are fighting for example).

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

After several years working bar up and down the country in  my younger years………….. definately mind my own business in a shtf scenario even now UNLESS it’s someone being robbed or I suspect sexual assault.

I’ve seen a guy hit a girl someone got involved and both guy and girl turned on him, I’ve seen 2 chaps start fighting and when people have tried to break it up both turn on them, people are the most dangerous animals I know.

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

And why we have invented so many ways to take them out . LOL and thats why in a some states , the law  is , that if the cops get called to a domestic , somebody has to go to jail that night . Here in AZ , there is just such a law , if they have to show up to your house  for a domestic dispute , somebody in that house is going to jail when they leave , this has cut down on a lot of petty calls by people that try to manipulate an argument …………….they dont want to go to the can , so the cops most often only get called if its actually serious threat or problem .

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

My dad was a policeman.  he hated domestic disputes.  Lost a good friend as a result of one.  Reinforced my “grey man” philosophy.  Unless you are attacking me or mine, I will call police and observe from a distance.  In a SHTF situation it becomes just that much more dangerous.  Like others I will make an exception if a child is involved.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I was going to ask if you thought that waste cooking oil was a useful thing to store.

Yes, first thing that come to my mind is bio diesel, as I understand it it not so hard to make.

In my SHTF we simply did not had waste oil, because it was used so careful and in so small amounts.
    I would use it for cooking again only as a last option, I would choose to make it bio fuel definitely, sure.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.