Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of carpedebass
    carpedebass
    Survivalist
    member3

Good stuff Freedom! Great awareness and great job simply by making a decision!! I have a similar story that is going to “tell on me” a bit…not in a good way either.

I pulled into a gas station to air up a tire in a predominately Hispanic area of a large city. When I pulled in, I had to wait on a group of Hispanic guys airing up a trailer tire. When they moved on, I pulled up to the air station, got out and began airing up my tire. I was completely target fixated on that tire and the business at hand. While squatted down, airing it up, I noticed out of my peripheral vision, a Hispanic male standing just behind me waving a large pipe wrench. I immediately drew my FNX 40, broke off the X (stepped quickly to the side and away from him) and presented the barrel end to him. The poor guy had apparently dropped the wrench when they were airing up the tire on the trailer and was trying to let me know that he was getting it from just behind my car.

Had I been more aware, I’d have seen him approaching from the beginning and could have avoided the entire incident. To this day I feel sorry for the poor guy. I think he had to make a run into the men’s room afterward.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks for sharing the stories.

It all happen so fast. This is the way it always happens fast and unexpected.

Yep, truth, usually happens like that, small problems or big ones, what we can do is to be ready to cover as more unexpected things we can.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ve muddled over the stories told yesterday by freedom and carpedebass. I haven’t had any experiences like that nor have most people in the places I have lived. In the 30 years I lived in my former community in small town Western, MA I never knew anyone who had been robbed or assaulted or had an encounter of this nature. In my 5 years here in VT I haven’t even heard of a robbery or assault type crime in my town, let alone know someone who was a victim. I am sure many people in small town and rural areas across the country might say similar things. Come a SHTF collapse type scenario, “safe” areas such as I describe are not going to be mentally ready for bad people doing bad things, or newly desperate good people doing bad things. In making my decision to leave MA, I more or less knew this, but also knew that the rate of gun ownership was really low in MA, and that the gangbanger criminal element coming out of the cities looking for resources were going to have easy pickings for a while. I don’t for sure but of the 11 homes on my former street, my guess is that only me and a hunter across the street had guns. Part of my reasoning in moving where I did was that it put a lot more miles between me and the urban areas of MA and that though my new community would have little to no experience with crime, almost every household would be armed. There likely would be easy pickings early on because experience has made people not suspicious of strangers and not security minded, but upon the awakening all would be armed at least. In unarmed places like MA (and most likely States like CT. NJ, MD, and the Metro parts of NY, upon the awakening they’ll still be unarmed.

Profile photo of carpedebass
    carpedebass
    Survivalist
    member3

Mountain Biker, yes they will remain unarmed for a time. The first time they witness violence or it happens to them, should they survive it, they’ll want a force multiplication tool quickly. Glad you’re armed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, Like I have posted before that in a collapse of the system many from the cities will go to rural areas and some will be very bad people that will kill for nothing. You are right that many in the rural will have a problem at the beginning but will fight back.

MB the problem is that all the states that you names are armed but by the gangs and criminals which will be hard to stop once the SHTF time. They will kill just to kill and there will be no one there to help.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

I’ve never been a believer in “the golden horde” theory, especially not in the UK, the British aren’t made that way. in a serious SHTF event where the power goes off and there is no petrol or diesel available I really don’t see Brits walking very far, yes there will always be exceptions but they will be few in number. and where will they go? wandering aimlessly is liable to get them killed very quickly. as I said I cannot see many people leaving, they have spent too much money on their houses that they will be disinclined to go far, more like scavenge within a few miles of home and then return there each night after a days scavenging. Brits are more inclined to complain to the government-if it still exists post SHTF, after all the most popular saying among the UK population is “the government will save us”. most believe nothing bad will ever happen so by the time they realise something has happened(I expect a domino or cascade event rather than one big bang) it will be too late and they will be too weak to go much further than the end of the street. just my observations.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

lonewolf, I believe you are right about the Brits. I think you may only see some younger ones go out and some with military background.

Many will die in the first 30 days and after 90 more the 50% of the population will die.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

yes that’s what I think too, with no power and no food resupply the die off could reach 90-95% within 6 months. most people cannot function without electricity, mains water and central heating, very few people have lived off grid for any length of time and have no idea what to do..especially in Britain.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Remember when this happens that yes 90% will die but not the elites and high government since they are real preppers!! They have a lot of food and water stored. So you will have to deal with them in the end or they will deal with you. That is the bad news.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

I don’t know if that is the case in Britain anymore, because nothing bad has happen on these islands since 1945 I wonder if the Government has any stocks, I suspect they would just take over the supermarkets and distribution centres and maybe bring in rationing….or at least try to.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lone,
    In the US there is only enough food in the stores to last one day. Estimates are 3 days of food in homes and stores combined.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

yes, I think the supermarket shelves would be empty here too in 24 hours, depends on the event, in the “fuel protests” about 8 years ago milk and bread was all gone within 1 day but the tinned and dried stuff lasted about 3 days before it too was gone, fuel stations were empty in 24 hours too.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here in Florida when there is a hurricane food and water is gone in less then 24 hours. This is the number one reason I prepare.

Profile photo of dutch_viking
    dutch_viking
    Survivalist
    rreallife

could i end a life …….
    saying that out loud tasting the words….
    i think that if people threaten my wife and/or kids i would do it in a split second ,
    him or me it will be him i love life to much to let it go …..

Profile photo of I11matic1795
    I11matic1795
    Survivalist
    member1

I think I could pull the trigger no problem if I felt that I had to, in a situation such as the OP found himself I think it would be more instinct. Believing it was the right thing to do afterwards and not feeling guilty would still be difficult, but you saved a life, and it sounds like the situation was warranted.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.